can someone explain to me...

#1TrueSephir0thPosted 2/17/2010 3:29:59 PM
how oddjob is a cheap character to use in multiplayer?? i havnt played this game since it came out way back when, but i read game informer (magazine) regularly and they make a few references to oddjob from this game being an unfair character to play as...also while looking through the boards here, i saw someone say "the third civilian is the best in multiplayer"

so...how is any one character better than the others?
---
---have you heard heard heard, the bird is the word.
#2Keebs05Posted 2/17/2010 3:42:06 PM
Maybe some people just don't like Oddjob as a character...
---
"Old soldiers never die, they just fade away" R.I.P PFC Dusty Seidel
#3Super Sonic 5Posted 2/17/2010 7:14:32 PM
Oddjob is shorter than any other characters. This makes him harder to hit.
---
~NC
First you killed Jesus, now you're messing with weekends. Why do you have to ruin everything? - AlecTrevelyan006
#4Kano33339Posted 2/17/2010 7:38:34 PM
Yes, the short stature of Oddjob is why people have given him the title of a "cheap" character. But that doesn't compare to how cheap he was in Nightfire. Anyone who plays as him there will have a large advantage. His razor blade hat is made into a weapon, a OHKO weapon at that, with amazing accuracy. I could throw a hat from one side of the level, all the way to the other side and somehow it'd hit the person.
---
"Your true face... What kind of... face is it? I wonder... The face under the mask... Is that... your true face?"
#5ChaseXtremePosted 2/18/2010 2:28:30 PM
After a while, he was "outlawed" when my friends played multi due to his shortness.
---
Topics killed in 2010: 130
Topics killed in 2009: 1,021
#6NeoSizerPosted 2/18/2010 10:01:45 PM
He's almost as bad as those damn monkies in timesplitters. If Goldeneye had online multiplayer I guarantee you 85% of everyone would pick oddjob.
---
"A poor person isn't he who has little, but he who needs a lot."
~German Proverb
#7JustThrowMoneyPosted 2/19/2010 5:13:38 PM

If Goldeneye had online multiplayer I guarantee you 85% of everyone would pick oddjob.

Wait 'till Perfect Dark comes to XBLA. Elvis body = the Oddjob of PD >_>
---
Proud to be EPic.
money113 to me: "lol, but your username makes me nervous. I don't like being thrown."
#8revolverPosted 2/20/2010 10:47:55 AM
unless you are playing with auto aim off I found that it was very easy to get headshots on oddjob since his head was around the height of a normal players chest, where the auto aim usually went for.
---
Still has a glimmer of hope for Shenmue III
Now Playing: Morrowind GOTY, Trials HD
#9NeoSizerPosted 2/22/2010 2:31:33 PM
unless you are playing with auto aim off
Auto aim is for skubs. So is playing with the radar on. We only play with these 2 off.
---
"A poor person isn't he who has little, but he who needs a lot."
~German Proverb
#10AIRWALKTDK666Posted 2/23/2010 2:59:44 PM

Kano33339 posted...
Yes, the short stature of Oddjob is why people have given him the title of a "cheap" character. But that doesn't compare to how cheap he was in Nightfire. Anyone who plays as him there will have a large advantage. His razor blade hat is made into a weapon, a OHKO weapon at that, with amazing accuracy. I could throw a hat from one side of the level, all the way to the other side and somehow it'd hit the person.
---
"Your true face... What kind of... face is it? I wonder... The face under the mask... Is that... your true face?"

Please, Nick Nack was the worst in nightfire-he was literally at other players knees.