Like the Wind Race

#1doc79Posted 7/12/2008 6:54:46 AM
Since I have to do 20 laps of torture on this track.

I wanna know what is the best car, and best tires to use on this track, and how much horsepower to I need to outrun the Viper because for some reason, it always either outrun me, or I can't catch up to it.

Any help would be appreciated.
#2zinezinzadanPosted 7/12/2008 11:05:28 AM
In my opinion, the fastest car in the game and best car for these types of races where it's max speed is the Viper GTS. Heres how to make it super fast, btw i figured this all out by myself and it took me a good hour of messing around with the settings. no one would ever answer the question you're asking, so consider yourself lucky :)

1. Buy it all the best parts, and I mean everything you could possibly buy, buy th best version of it. Like Turbo stage 3, clutch triple plate, flywheel racing, so on and so on. Buy the best stuff, equip it.

2. Then before a race, you go to your settings, you go to the 3rd red thing where you have options of strengthening and weakening the limited slip accels. then go to the bottom where it says Gear ratio, go into that by pressing X, then again go to the bottom of where it says level.

3. The very bottom thing I mean, and just change the level to 48

4. go to ok, just back out, and have fun blowing away all the competition.

oh and btw my max speed I've ever hit was either 260 or 261 mph, i forgot. I haven't played this game in years lol :P
---
Why the **** are you looking down here I mean why would you even look here when my post is up there???
Xbox Live gamertag: Xtreme KO
#3zinezinzadanPosted 7/12/2008 11:07:31 AM
Oh and i forgot to say one more thing, when you're gonna go back into a normal race, FOR ME, the best gear ratio level to use is 31. As you can rach 180mph within 10-12 seconds or so. and then you can break real fast too.

And yes i do use the Viper for pretty much every race :D
Except the formula ones cus unless you're a superior driver, you need a formula for those races.
---
Why the **** are you looking down here I mean why would you even look here when my post is up there???
#4doc79(Topic Creator)Posted 7/13/2008 6:35:23 AM
260mph?

Damn that's fast! Thank you, I'll be using this car then.
#5zinezinzadanPosted 7/13/2008 11:32:15 AM
Yep no problem :D

Oh and I just found a vid on youtube that shows you what settings to put on a escudo pikes peak car in order to reach over 1,000 mph!!!!!! heres the link, i'm gonna go try this right now!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=4VfoOJCNlJ0&watch_response
---
#6zinezinzadanPosted 7/13/2008 12:45:11 PM
Wow.....I hot 1096 mph....

Oh and btw I just hit 268mph on Viper GTS
---
#7mabautiPosted 7/13/2008 1:30:19 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#8goku4ever03Posted 7/13/2008 2:01:08 PM
How do you get your speedo to read in MPH? I thought you couldn't change it from KPH?
---
I skipped my one yesterday 'cause I felt a bit bloated after the pizza. I didn't feel sexy enough.
GT: goku4ever
#9doc79(Topic Creator)Posted 7/14/2008 6:01:22 AM
Hey should I also use either racing slick tires or normal racing tires.
#10MacktasticSlickPosted 7/17/2008 12:49:19 AM
For me, the Excudo is too slow. Use the GT-One race car. Much faster when it does a wheelie around that track. My record using the Toyota is about 54 seconds per lap.
---
youtube.com/watch?v=6lL_lq8rNXs