How long is the GT3 career for you?

#1DarkDocPosted 8/19/2013 10:50:02 AM
Is Gran Turismo 3's length of career: - Results (6 votes)
Too long
33.33% (2 votes)
About right
66.67% (4 votes)
Too short (I have 84% game completion or less)
0% (0 votes)
Too short (I have 85% game completion or more)
0% (0 votes)
This poll is now closed.
A simple question. Have you nearly completed the game? And if so, did it last you too long, too short, or was it about the right length?
#2MunKy321Posted 8/22/2013 1:59:45 AM
It took me 11 years to complete the whole thing. It was a pain in the ass, overall. Sure, I enjoyed it when I was younger, but the game really has nothing going for it other than the graphics, which still look great today. The races are boring and a real drag, just driving laps around shallow circuits. That's all you ever do in this game.

What really ticks me off about this game is the number of times you have to redo races just to get enough money to buy a decent car so you could continue progressing through the damn game. This process makes the game artificially longer and makes me feel like a freaking lab rat.

I finished the game off this past April, with the Trial Mountain 2 hour endurance being my last race. I'm glad to finally have it out of my hair. I'm ashamed to say that I actually chose to complete this game regarding my distaste for it, meaning I actually allowed myself to not only feel like a lab rat but actually be a lab rat, but it was my first ever PS2 game, so I allowed it that privilege.
---
Don't forget to howl at the sunflowers like a chipmunk doing its groceries on a rainy day in the middle of the ninth 7th sea. And smile! Don't forget to smile!