A genuinely fun game, 13 years later

#1dctalkPosted 8/14/2014 7:40:55 AM
Unexpectedly I came across Gran Turismo 3 and 4 a couple of weeks ago. Paid around $10 for both, which I think is fair for a couple of good PS2 games in good condition.

The thing is, I started playing Gran Turismo 3 and even though the graphics have clearly aged, the game holds up pretty well. I'm surprised that I'm enjoying this game that much, I was expecting to play a couple of races and then have it sit on my collection like many other games.

I have a lengthy experience with Gran Turismo 5 for the PS3, but other than that this is my second GT game ever. And since this board is pretty much dead I thought it would be a good idea to post here.

I'll update on a semi-regular basis about my progress with this game. Or whenever I remember doing it.
---
PSN: reno_812 / XBL: reno812
I'll meet you on the dark side of the moon...
#2gnomefromnomePosted 8/17/2014 10:57:31 AM
This game is what brought me to Gamefaqs.
---
Oh my God... That was the dumbest collection of dumbosity I've ever seen! - Famine
https://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/800x600q90/818/thegnome.jpg
#3dctalk(Topic Creator)Posted 8/18/2014 9:47:11 AM
Been doing some more races. Something I'm noticing is that I have to grind my way to better parts and still I will have to struggle to win most of the races.

It's a little bit frustrating to lose the race on the last stretch, but I've come to realize how easy it was to win on GT5. You only had to make sure you have the money to buy enough upgrades and pretty much all of the other cars will be non-existent during the race. This game is different, it actually is making me learn how to drive properly and outsmart the AI.
---
PSN: reno_812 / XBL: reno812
I'll meet you on the dark side of the moon...