Changing the settings in game

#1Mr_BohjanglesPosted 1/6/2009 5:45:28 PM
I want to change the settings from the selection of guns from normal to tons of guns. Could anyone tell me how to do this without starting again? All help is appreciated.
#2SpaceAgeSamuraiPosted 1/6/2009 9:27:13 PM
Considering the option affects just about every aspect of how the game runs, I don't think it's even possible to switch from normal to tons of guns in the middle of a game. After all, if you could do it one way, you could do it the other, and what would happen to all the Soviet guns and the Warsaw Pact ammo already in your game, if you switched from tons of guns to normal?

This is precisely why it's an option selected when you start a new game, rather than a setting in the options menu.
---
When all else fails, read the instructions.
#3SpaceAgeSamuraiPosted 1/6/2009 9:28:14 PM
If you don't mind my asking, why do you need to make the change, and if it's such a big deal, why didn't you just select tons of guns, in the first place?
---
#4Mr_Bohjangles(Topic Creator)Posted 1/9/2009 2:25:05 AM
Thanks for your reply. I shouldn't have to change it anyway I just started a game on insane and made it as hard as can be, anyway in my encounters I come across some glazer ammo for my glock (I've never used glazer ammo till this point) and I was beginning to run out and thought I could never find any again. Luckily just recently Deidrianna tried to take over Drassen with 100 or even more troops which shall keep me re-supplied like a horse on a monkey, reverencing and never ending.
#5SpaceAgeSamuraiPosted 1/9/2009 4:22:08 PM
Glad you seem to have found your way past your obstacle, but just for the record, tons of guns tends to make ammo problems worse, not better. It doesn't mean you get more equipment; it means you get a greater variety of equipment. With tons of guns, you'll find guns and ammo types that just aren't available in normal mode. (The idea was to provide a mode with a reduced weapon's set for anyone who was feeling overwhelmed by the sheer size of the JA2 arsenal.) As a result, while you're getting just as much stuff, it's divided among a far more diverse array of weapons and ammo, forcing you to diversify your team to a far greater extent or risk bleeding yourself dry of a critical ammo type.

For example, in vanilla JA2, as the game goes on, your whole team can use 5.56mm and 7.62mm NATO rounds in normal mode, but since tons of guns adds a bunch of additional weapons into the mix, some of those NATO rounds are replaced with their WP equivalents. As a result, trying to field a whole team with nothing but NATO rounds becomes a recipe for disaster.
---
#6ShadowB86Posted 1/10/2009 9:48:53 AM
If you're playing with the 'enemies drop all items' setting, you won't have much ammo problems as long as you stick to the traditional calibres. 5.56mm clips are abundant, for instance. The rare calibres, like 6.8mm, 12.7mm and such, are the problem. However, Bobby Ray's a good enough supplier, and money's only a problem in the earlier parts of the game, when you don't have access to those particular weapons anyway.

I'm using 1.13 as well.
#7Mr_Bohjangles(Topic Creator)Posted 1/13/2009 6:19:14 AM
Yeah thanks for the replies guys but my problem was solved so all you two are doing is just going on and on about a locked topic I'm going to be reporting BOTH of your posts to the proper authorities to deal with this. Whilst I appreciate your concern honestly is it really needed? No it is not my problem is solved end of thread end of discussion end of everything. Listen I understand living in the desert may get lonely and yes, you are a shadow ninja you would live quite the lonely life but you know what? This may not be the best venue for your outcry of emotional support. What I am saying is I am sorry I'm not sure I can be your friend, while I will review this decision with careful consideration don't be counting on a favourable outcome. You can go back to Zookeeping or whatever it is you two in a second I just have a question, I accidentally saved on an interrupt and I am pretty much stuffed. I don't have much of a chance surviving this can any of you two please help me out here I do need your help. I suppose I can start again but if there is anyway I can continue with this save it would be nice.
Thanks for all of your help I appreciate it very much.
#8ShadowB86Posted 1/13/2009 7:15:54 AM
...What?
#9VelariPosted 1/13/2009 7:24:32 AM
I bet they're totally pumped to answer your question now.

---
SO3 board resident sagissa.
Liek omfg its teh lesbian!11!11@1, etc, etc. Wolfwood824 - about me ^_^
#10Mr_Bohjangles(Topic Creator)Posted 1/13/2009 3:30:01 PM
Hey listen I'm not the one wearing the cats pajamas okay? I have no idea who took them or what they plan to do with it, but let's get back to the matter of hand. Is there anyway I can survive this turn or back before I started getting shot at? All help is greatly appreciated.