How Loyal Is This Fan Base?

#381Dark_Jak47710II(Topic Creator)Posted 11/26/2012 5:45:00 PM
There might be some potential for another JF! sequel. Ever since Mario 64 established third-person platforming (while not aging very well, much like Ocarina of Time, but that's a topic for another day), first-person platforming has been forgotten, even though JF! demonstrated that it can work well.

It's hard to tell how much first-person platforming can evolve, since there have been few examples of it. In theory*, I don't know if a full-scale game can be made, with today's technology, meeting modern standards. That's making a massive leap from the PS1.

*As a wielder of a Bachelor's in cognitive psychology, which is scientific, not clinical, I cringe at my misuse of a (relatively) precisely defined term.
---
Let's begin the operation!
-"Franken" Fran
#382Dark_Jak47710II(Topic Creator)Posted 12/7/2012 9:56:30 PM
On the topic of necessary piracy, I hope that the Mega Man Legends series, including Tron Bonne, will show up. An English version is unlikely, because of expired copyrights for the voice performances. Disc ports are already in Japan, and there is an import section of PSN...

Going the "buy a copy, to justify the rom" route is difficult, because copies of ML2 can cost a liver. Same thing with Tron Bonne. Also, I haven't found any TB roms that work.
---
-"Franken" Fran
#383Dark_Jak47710II(Topic Creator)Posted 12/18/2012 7:23:43 AM
If there were a sequel, it could tend towards Mon Deiu, with a mission-based structure.

Complete a mission, open up new areas, with new missions. That, or Robbit might stay at mission control, have missions assigned to him, and he picks the missions. The missions can branch out.

Considering that Robbit is involved in legal enforcement, the latter makes some sense.
---
-"Franken" Fran
#384taoxadasaPosted 12/25/2012 11:12:42 PM
And have a classic "Collect 4 things" mode.
---
Jumping Flash!'s Robbit needs to be in Playstation All-Stars as DLC! Sign the petition for him here:
http://www.petitionbuzz.com/petitions/robbitfirstallstar
#385Dark_Jak47710II(Topic Creator)Posted 1/7/2013 9:11:47 AM
The mode can involve a handful of the maps, and some new maps. Different difficulty settings change the placement of the collectible stuff, and level architecture. Higher settings can open up hidden areas, where special stuff can be done, or found.
---
-"Franken" Fran
#386Dark_Jak47710II(Topic Creator)Posted 1/17/2013 7:10:33 PM
I've got a rough idea for a machine planet thing, as a boss. It's gonna be like the small planets/moons from a few of the Ratchet and Clanks, and it'll be made of machinery.

Robbit has to destroy a few key locations, probably satellite transmitters. Afterwards, chunks of the planet open up, revealing that the entire thing is a massive machine. Weapons are unveiled, and their sites are set for Robbit.

Robbit destroys the weapons, while destroying vulnerable chunks of the outer shell. Inside is an organic mass, fueling a cybernetic brain. The brain is the core, and the core is going down.
---
-"Franken" Fran
#387taoxadasaPosted 1/22/2013 9:45:47 PM
Dark_Jak47710II posted...
I've got a rough idea for a machine planet thing, as a boss. It's gonna be like the small planets/moons from a few of the Ratchet and Clanks, and it'll be made of machinery.

Robbit has to destroy a few key locations, probably satellite transmitters. Afterwards, chunks of the planet open up, revealing that the entire thing is a massive machine. Weapons are unveiled, and their sites are set for Robbit.

Robbit destroys the weapons, while destroying vulnerable chunks of the outer shell. Inside is an organic mass, fueling a cybernetic brain. The brain is the core, and the core is going down.

Wow, that would be awesome. I really want a new Jumping Flash game now. :'(
---
Jumping Flash!'s Robbit needs to be in Playstation All-Stars as DLC! Sign the petition for him here:
http://www.petitionbuzz.com/petitions/robbitfirstallstar
#388SuperMazingerZPosted 1/28/2013 4:27:19 PM
I just bought this over the PSN for my psp. It's epic ^_^

Lol I wanted it since I was 7 xD
---
Mazinger-Zeta. "Koushiryoku Beam Goooooo!!!!!"
#389Dark_Jak47710II(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 11:31:42 AM
It's never too late, except for when it is. That's normally near the end.
---
-"Franken" Fran
#390Dark_Jak47710II(Topic Creator)Posted 2/21/2013 6:54:11 PM
Sort of wondering why Aloha had a Kabuki-bot accompanying a planet-stealer.
---
-"Franken" Fran