Weapon durability

#1Bag_SanPosted 6/23/2013 7:01:02 AM
Much as I love this game the weapon breakage really bugs me. When you're close to gaining weapon levels on ie a spear and it breaks and you don't have another it's annoying. Add to that the randon droppage after battles and it's a tad frustrating.

So I had a look through some old threads to find out what other players think but couldn't find much about it. Has anyone worked out the (approximate) length of time the various weapon types last? I tried keeping count myself but after you take a break it's easy to forget where you were up to....
---
---
I made a mistake in my sig, how do I get this Tippex off the screen...?
#2threetimesPosted 7/2/2013 9:25:15 AM
It varies a lot. The bigger better weapons break faster, and the stronger the person using them, the faster they break. I usually don't use the really good ones for normal battles and save for bosses. But really, it's not a problem given you can use guns/crossbows and magic as well and drops are plentiful of the lesser weapons.
---
R.I.P Psycho Penguin: 23.2.1984 - 28.6.2011.
#3Bag_San(Topic Creator)Posted 7/9/2013 5:18:53 PM
Well that explains why Edward goes through my inventory so quickly >_<

I'm not a big fan of the infinite weapons because they lower Vitality and I've found that crossbow bolts aren't that easy to come by until really late game. Not that I've ever had real problems, there's always bare fists if all else fails...

But I've been trying to Level 3 everyone for everything and I'm short on some stuff. I think it's a form of Item OCD. Also after all these years I still haven't seen every item in the game so that's another current aim. Ah well, back to the grinding. Heh.
---
---
I made a mistake in my sig, how do I get this Tippex off the screen...?
#4threetimesPosted 7/18/2013 5:58:01 AM
I'm the same : haven't been able to find everything despite years too. :D But then, the variation is huge! Check out pantibonico's weapon FAQ. He explains how drops are *bonded* to each enemy, When they level up (which they do as the game progresses for each disc) and change colour the items change, for some of them. And of course, each time you play the finds/drops are slightly different.