Theoretical Remake.

#1Bag_SanPosted 8/1/2013 4:05:26 AM
Some fellow gamers and I were discussing which titles they would like to see re-made for the newer consoles and this was my choice. Never likely to happen but it would be nice to see it with lush new graphics and a tweaked battle system

I was just wondering whether anyone else still playing this would agree and if so what they would like to see changed, if anything.
---
---
I made a mistake in my sig, how do I get this Tippex off the screen...?
#2WellThoughtNamePosted 8/3/2013 3:23:31 PM
Hey! Just started playing this and I agree that this game would really benefit from a remake.

The only thing I'd change really is the battle system, just a classic Turn-based system with a front and back row would probably be sufficient, because let's face it, the grid affect almost never combat because it's so small and ranged attacks can hit from anywhere.

The weapon breaking system is fine imo, just give each weapon an HP value in % so we know when a weapon is about to break.
---
"A game with amazing story and mediocre gameplay usually beats a game with amazing gameplay and mediocre story." - Vlado, Gaming Expert
#3Bag_San(Topic Creator)Posted 8/3/2013 4:32:01 PM
Always good to see this being played. I'm on Disc 2 at the moment.

When you say a % for weapons, you mean like on Resident Evil where the flamethrower and stuff shows how much is left, and you can discard it when it's empty? That would be interesting.
---
---
#4WellThoughtNamePosted 8/3/2013 10:21:49 PM
Yeah kinda.

Basically just so we know how much pain a weapon can dish. And since weapon durability supposedly goes down faster when used by stronger character we need to use HP/% value instead of a static number of uses like say, Fire Emblem.

That said FE's system could still work I guess, common average weapons would have lots of use and very good weapons would have less.
---
"A game with amazing story and mediocre gameplay usually beats a game with amazing gameplay and mediocre story." - Vlado, Gaming Expert
#5threetimesPosted 8/4/2013 3:56:58 AM
Actually that is how it works in Koudelka. The rare/best weapons have less use and the stronger the user the more quickly the weapon will break. Just that you're not given any indication.

Not sure about a remake. I like the clunky charm of the game as it is. :D
#6Bag_San(Topic Creator)Posted 8/4/2013 10:02:00 AM
I agree about the charm.. It would probably be disappointing if they did remake it, but it was a kind of "best outcome" discussion.

Personally I liked the magic system, which a lot of people didn't seem to. Would love to see a similar system again, though maybe not as "clunky".....

I don't think the Judgement Ring would work too well for this title either.
---
---
#7PunkaiserPosted 8/4/2013 7:43:34 PM
This magic system is kinda like a plain version of The Last Remnant. As you use an art (spell in this case) then Exps accumulates until it gets upgraded or spark new art of same type.
#8Bag_San(Topic Creator)Posted 8/5/2013 4:05:21 AM
Yes I've a couple of games where the magic/skill system "rewards" you for repeatedly using the available spells/attacks rather than gives them automatically at Level Up. My only beef with Koudelka's magic system was that, when you raise levels to 2 or 3, the early version disappears forever. But that was just a minor gripe.

Love everything else about this game and it's been a pleasure re-playing it.
---
---
#9MACisBackPosted 8/9/2013 6:51:09 PM
I replay this game every year, and have since it was released.
---
"There is wife assisted suicide. Get married and every day you die a little more" -teltec
#10amylianPosted 8/20/2013 1:30:01 PM
It's nice seeing people still support this game. I myself want to see it up on PSN so I can play it. I know I can download it and run it on emulator, but I'd prefer purchasing it on PSN...!