Question about the Moon Child (spoilers)

#1alfabluePosted 3/9/2011 9:21:01 PM
Alright, so when Dart was a wee kid, his hometown was destroyed by the Black Monster. We all know this story.

However, why did the Black Monster come to Neet? Princess Luvia was on a ship wasn't she? Shana couldn't have been in Neet because the Black Monster didn't kill her. Am I missing a detail where they said Luvia was in Neet, or is this just a massive plot hole that I just now recognized?
---
To err is to be human, to repent is divine, however neither is Marine Corps policy.
#2Dragoon of InfinityPosted 3/9/2011 10:11:30 PM
My assumption is that Llouvia was in Neet. Or was supposed to be in Neet. Rose goes around burning people alive demanding to know where Llouvia is, and someone spills the beans that she was moved to the ship that eventually becomes the Phantom ship.
---
I seem to be having tremendous difficulty with my lifestyle.
#3IwantedzeroPosted 3/10/2011 4:51:20 AM
I assumed she just missed Shana and got someone to talk about where the princess was. Then she flew there.
---
Trust me, I'm a random stranger on the internet.
Live long, be happy, and try to ensure those around you do as well.
#4alfablue(Topic Creator)Posted 3/10/2011 8:44:47 AM
Just didn't make sense to me. I mean, Neet wasn't a big town, so a. how could Dart have never met Shana until he went to Seles? and b. How, after 11,000 years does Rose miss the Moon Child? I mean after that long she should've been an expert at it.
---
To err is to be human, to repent is divine, however neither is Marine Corps policy.
#5Dragoon of InfinityPosted 3/10/2011 9:43:31 AM(edited)
Because at the end of the day she's still looking for a single baby on the entire planet. Experience can only make you so good at something like that. Also the game never implies that she has some magic Moon Child radar. The winglies probably have some way of telling who it is, and maybe approximating its location, but even so it's not like there's any sort of rapid transit. That teleporter that you use near the end can't send you anywhere. So Rose has to make these journeys on foot or whatever, and by then who knows where they've been moved.

If there is a plot hole here, it's that the game never explains where Shana was during all this. It never explains why she's halfway across the world come the present and no one knows that she's a princess or seems to care even when she arrives in Deningrad during the game. There's no implication that she was in Neet at any point, so we're clear on that.
---
#6IwantedzeroPosted 3/10/2011 11:51:51 PM

Also the game never implies that she has some magic Moon Child radar.

What about that stone the general holds above her head at the beginning of the game? And it reacts and he's all "This is the girl".
---
Trust me, I'm a random stranger on the internet.
Live long, be happy, and try to ensure those around you do as well.
#7Dragoon of InfinityPosted 3/11/2011 1:40:31 AM
There's no indication that the thing works at long range, but she didn't have one. If she had one, I don't think she would have killed the wrong sibling.
---
#8talksalot006Posted 3/22/2011 12:58:25 PM
Now I'm all confused....

Is Shana really Louvia?

Or did Rose just mess up somehow and think that Louvia was the right person?

In either case, Louvia and Shana are twins...so.....If Rose had a blonde moment and went after Louvia instead of Shana, how did Shana's current parents in Seles get a hold of her?

Did Louvia know she was being chased?

Grrr...
---
That is my theory. talksalot of the LoD board of GameFAQs is, in fact, without a shadow of a doubt, the very apex of our universe as we know it. -Cable
#9solidsnake0928Posted 3/22/2011 3:11:44 PM
Here is a quote from the game regarding the Moon Child and the Phantom Ship...

Luanna's Mother: "Princess Louvia left for the sea. This must be enough to satisfy you! Now leave this village!"

So that proves that Sister Luanna's Mother told Rose where Louvia was and she obviously left Neet at that point.
---
NP: Final Fantasy IX (PS1), Dragon Quest IX (DS) Dragon Quest VI (DS)
# of games beaten: 158 Last one: Dragon Quest IX (DS)
#10solidsnake0928Posted 3/22/2011 3:14:44 PM
talksalot006 posted...
Now I'm all confused....

Is Shana really Louvia?

Or did Rose just mess up somehow and think that Louvia was the right person?

In either case, Louvia and Shana are twins...so.....If Rose had a blonde moment and went after Louvia instead of Shana, how did Shana's current parents in Seles get a hold of her?

Did Louvia know she was being chased?

Grrr...

This should answer your questions:

Zieg: "Let me tell you one more truth. Rose, you thought the Princess Louvia
you killed 18 years ago was the Moon Child, but it is not true."

Rose: "!?"

Zieg: "Louvia had a twin sister."

Rose: "N, No!!"

Zieg: "Shana is the Moon Child!! Shana is...the soul of the Virage Embryo,
the God of Destruction!! I'll dissolve the Signet of the Moon That Never
Sets, and cross it with the Moon Child. Now, I have everything in my
hands."

---
NP: Final Fantasy IX (PS1), Dragon Quest IX (DS) Dragon Quest VI (DS)
# of games beaten: 158 Last one: Dragon Quest IX (DS)