Who's the hardest boss? (Open to spoilers)

#11Demonic_EssencePosted 2/10/2014 1:34:23 PM
Mandatory: Lenus 1

Optional : Belzac

I am thinking of my very first play through, because now its all easy, lol.
---
From this point on, all you opinions will be rejected!
#12DartDragoonPosted 2/10/2014 2:45:20 PM
I remeber Grand Jewel and That girl with blue wings being really freaking hard/annoying
---
GT: AstroZombie29
SF4:Vega BB:Arakune SG:Parasoul UMvC3:TaskM / Haggar / Trish
#13Rogue_DragoonPosted 2/10/2014 3:41:36 PM
Yeah, I'd say Lenus is the toughest mandatory boss for me. She's really fast, and she can use water magic on Dart. It also doesn't help that Meru doesn't have her dragoon form yet. Strangely enough, she gets weaker with a dragoon spirit and the help of a huge sea dragon. Go figure.

Overall... I'd still say Lenus. The Divine Dragon Spirit can be tough, but you have some more options at that point, at least. You can have your additions mastered, and Meru has her dragoon form to heal easily, unlike the Lenus fight.
#14Sailor_Razor(Topic Creator)Posted 2/10/2014 11:15:42 PM
Maybe you gave Lenus more of a walloping than she let on, so she was still hurt when she went Dragoon.

Lenus and Divine Dragon Spirit are kind of opposites. With Lenus she'll go berserk if you dragoon, and DDS will just eat you if you don't dragoon. It's pretty much entirely because he can bust out the cannon whenever he wants to.
#15FireMage7777Posted 2/12/2014 7:21:05 PM
I have a special spot of hatred in my heart for Last Kraken
---
Like nerdy talk? http://w11.zetaboards.com/Keepers_Of_The_Chair/index/
Official Fire Type Gym Leader of GFAQs MGM PokeLeague
#16eidolon24Posted 2/13/2014 3:03:28 AM
Jiango, Doel and Lenus. These three always give me trouble whenever I do a challenge run. Especially Jiango. That guy somehow gets to double me and use that stalagmites thing twice and poof, my party's dead.

Doel's Spark Net is ridiculous. I saw it OHKO Rose at full health on one of my playthroughs.

Lenus can be a bit hard but it's manageable. I manage to beat her solo using Meru with Therapy Ring. The battle was too long since Meru only had a Lv. 3 Double Smack but Lenus can't kill Meru.
---
"I believe that stories are written and read to rebel against the fact that you only live once."
#17lloyd0117Posted 2/13/2014 6:53:14 AM
doel in disc 1 killed me a ton of times on my first play. even now, if im underlevelled or on fresh additions, he is tough.

lenus in fletz also gets a mention. probably caused the most game overs in the game's history.
---
"when I'm in the process of doing something, I do it not because I think it's worth doing, but because I'm trying to MAKE it worth doing."
#18GravitycrasherPosted 2/19/2014 7:26:16 AM
Well, first time playing Drake the Bandit killed me twice (I was 10.) After that, Django (Jiango) owned me. Then Lenus killed me. In subsequent playthroughs I killed drake and magicked Django to death but Lenus still took me apart. My boyfriend once attempted lenus and she decided to have 7 consecutive rounds. Needless to say he died. She's definitely the hardest mandatory boss.

As far as optional bosses go, I found Kanzas to be the hardest. Fast, strong with both magic and physical attacks, and no weaknesses. He ruined my day unless I kept the most balanced party in the game, or had Albert and Meru to protect/heal.

I never found Faust too difficult. He's more in the category of "tedious boss fights that go down quickly (relatively) but can end at a moments notice," kinda like Ozma or the "Meat Jesus" fight in Shadow Hearts.
---
Into the ray of the sun march our hero hunting the dark lord, reborn from the blood of his god, his god, the war-master Kron...
#19Sailor_Razor(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2014 11:40:20 AM
Did you have anyone wearing a Legend Casque on Faust?

That is essentially his shtick. He can take you out really fast and his health is only exceeded by Melbu Frahma, but his defense is garbage.

As for Lenus, your boyfriend Dragooned, didn't he? That makes Lenus go berserk.
#20talksalot006Posted 2/19/2014 11:58:26 AM
Idk....I mean...Fire D'spec and Rose Storm and Lenus ain't so bad xD.

Same goes for Lenus and Regole, just spam some of that Final Burst.

Of course, I'm an Albert fanboy. I rarely do a run w/o him. Maybe I should....
---
That is my theory. talksalot of the LoD board of GameFAQs is, in fact, without a shadow of a doubt, the very apex of our universe as we know it. -Cable