Question about Additions.

#1Prince__LaharlPosted 4/7/2008 7:00:45 PM
I beat this game a few years back, and decided to play it again. But I have one question, I know I need to master all of the additions to learn the final ones. (Ex. Blazing Dynamo)

But to learn them, should I master Double Slash first? Then move onto Volcano, so on? Or should I just use the strongest ones first and go back to the others later in the game? Which do you guys think would be easier, and allow me to learn the final skills earlier?

Thanks in advance, I hope. ^_^
---
Brawl Friend Code: 2363-5306-3630 Name: Kurai
My birthday Brawl update! Jun. 06 Wed. 2007 "You Must Recover!"
#2pika25Posted 4/7/2008 7:48:28 PM
ALL Additions must be mastered in order to unlock each warrior's final Addition slot. So yes. Even the initial Additions must be mastered.

I would stay in an area full of minor monsters to beat them with whatever Addition I have other than rush through the game. That way, I have the advantage in dealing more damage to whoever's in front of me as most of your Additions increase in strength.
---
Please join LoD Chronicles at http://z7.invisionfree.com/Darkaqua
#3Prince__Laharl(Topic Creator)Posted 4/7/2008 8:00:42 PM
Heh, so then I was doing what you just suggested all along. I just kept killing weak monsters back in one of the first areas, using my weaker Additions.

Thanks for the info.
---
Brawl Friend Code: 2363-5306-3630 Name: Kurai
My birthday Brawl update! Jun. 06 Wed. 2007 "You Must Recover!"
#4grand_kaizerPosted 4/7/2008 9:11:16 PM
Usually I mastered whichever addition I was planning to use when I got it, and once a character had all but their last addition available I'd stop and train until I'd mastered them all and gotten the last addition.
---
"Fighting was the only thing... the only thing I was good at... but at least I always fought for what I believed in!" -Grey Fox
#5Zekke_IIPosted 4/8/2008 8:56:25 PM
Do you need the final additions or can you beat the game just fine with other ones?

---
"They do not fear death, for they are already dead. They do not fear destruction, because they cannot truly be destroyed..."
#6grand_kaizerPosted 4/8/2008 10:09:01 PM
Nope, you can beat the game without them, they'll just make things better overall.
---
"Fighting was the only thing... the only thing I was good at... but at least I always fought for what I believed in!" -Grey Fox
#7rose_legend07Posted 4/9/2008 1:54:48 AM
Mastering additions...

The way my sister & I are doing it is this. We wait until the addition is fully mastered at 99 then move on to the next one. A word of caution though. Some additions, like Dart's final two don't happen until later in the game. I hope I ma giving accurate info here. If not, correct me.

Also, it's been a while since I've made my appearance in here again. Great to see all and the new players too.
---
Fate belongs to those who are living,
we can destroy the fate that somebody else made up.
#8ultimarallyPosted 4/9/2008 5:45:39 AM
Dart's 6th Addition (Moon Strike) is learned at level 29. So yah, you won't be getting Blazing Dynamo until around the end of Disc 3.

Still not as bad as Meru, who doesn't learn her 4th addition (Cat's Cradle) until level 30, so probably not even until Disc 4 :(
---
Ion: "The poor thing must have been terrified. She screamed, 'I'll kill you bastards!' as she fell."
#9EmPlehPosted 4/9/2008 9:01:26 AM
EmP Tip: You only need 80 completed additions to master it.
---
EmPitude: If I'm not cheating, I'm not trying. (S.E.T)
www.Honestgamers.com It keeps me sane.
#10Dante K13Posted 4/12/2008 7:23:13 PM
If you care about being the absolute most efficient, what you should do is use your additions until you get 80, then move on to the next one. If all of your additions are at 80 and you need to wait for a level to get a new one, stop using the character, just guard or use items and let other characters do their additions.

Tip 2: get your dragoon level up faster. For all non-bosses, keep whatever addition that has the highest SP on until you get your new addition. Note that this would negate the need to stop attacking while waiting for te level to get a new addition.
---
Teacher > Art
Yes the esiest way to beat someone is to kill them until they die. -grand_kaizer