New Game + Glitch question **SPOILERS**

#1JoloStukiPosted 3/9/2010 2:45:50 AM
I currently have 2 saves. One is in Hellena Prison (second visit), and the other is right after Dart enters Seles.

I'm doing the save glitch as listed in this post:

Taken from here: http://www.gametalk.com/talk/psx/legend_of_dragoon/87110877.htm

This is seriously not a joke, I was reading on Gamefaqs and found out about a Newgame+ "glitch" you can perform. It's simple to do, and it really works, because I just did it. This is one of those things that sounds too good to be true, but actually is possible.

First, you need a save right before Melbu Frahma on Disk 4(after defeating Zeig), and also a new game save right at the start of Seles. This works best on the PS1. (Due to timing involved)

First, load your Melbu Frahma file, open the save menu after loading, and then "back up" your end-game save by saving it to an extra file. Now, shut off the game and insert Disk 1, then load up your Seles save at the very start. After it loads, go to the save menu and try to save over the end-game backup file. When it says "Saving, please do not cut power" or whatever, count to around 2 seconds and quickly shut off the playstation, before the "saved" works pop up(Don't use the reset button, turn it OFF) This is why it's difficult on a PS2, the reset button takes time to shut off, so your timing is easy to miss.(I have heard of an off-switch on the back of PS2s, but mine doesn't seem to have one, maybe cause it's a slim. I never had a fat one)

Now, start the game back up and load up your save file that was once the end-game backup file. Even though you cut the power while saving, it should say "Seles: Dart HP 27/30" or whatever. However, after loading this up, check your menu screen; Your items, equipment, Dragoon spirits(Even the Divine Dragoon, which IS usable from the start!), Dragoon Level, EXP level, and addition mastery should all have carried over! Unfortunatly Gold didn't carry over on my attempt, though it may be possible still.(And if you save on this file again, it will display the correct info)

Note that while all characters' portraits are displayed on the equipment, item and Replace screens, you cannot actually use them til' you meet them.(Their stats carry over as well)

Of course this takes all the challenge out of the game, but if you enjoy tearing through as quick as you can(and serving the Grand Jewel a heaping helping of revenge with a level 60 Dart) then this is the glitch for you!

It's not working.

Now, is the problem that I'm not in the right spot?

Does it have to carry from one disc to another to work adequately?

Does it just take practise?

etc, etc..?

I count to about 2, and before it says, "saved", I turn off the power. Every time I re-load the file, it's just a copy of my first file. Should I do it faster, then?

---
"Emo" is a god awful word when used to describe people ~ Panthera
#2JoloStuki(Topic Creator)Posted 3/9/2010 2:47:55 AM
Also, I'm using a white PSOne, if that helps.

---
#3pika25Posted 3/9/2010 2:59:51 AM
Try shutting down/reset at 2.5 or almost 3 seconds. Or 3 seconds if 2.5-2.9 don't work. Takes a lot of patience to activate, so duplicate your save files (hopefully you have more space) until 1 of them has it. Takes me about 5-10 tries at the very least. Timing is a real pain.

In any case, are these topics allowed still?
---
If there's a specific monster/boss you want to look up, please visit this FAQ at http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/psx/file/197765/55793
#4JoloStuki(Topic Creator)Posted 3/9/2010 3:09:35 AM
I can't do past 2 seconds, because by then, the new file has saved over the old one, and "saved" has popped up on the screen.

It seems it's exactly 2 seconds as long as you're doing it this way;

"one-one-thousandth
two-one-thousandths"

I'm not sure why these topics wouldn't be allowed. What do you mean?

---
#5JoloStuki(Topic Creator)Posted 3/9/2010 3:15:30 AM
I've tried this like a dozen times, and I can't get it. I've even got it to the point where the save-picture is of my new game, but when I load it, I'm in Hellena Prison with all of my stuff.

Could it the the model of my PSOne?

I have the 'slim' PSOne.

---
#6pika25Posted 3/10/2010 12:34:32 AM
How about 2.1 seconds at least? No! Try 2.4.

It should be 3 seconds from my many experiences but could it be that PSOne save quicker than the other PS systems? Try going past 2 seconds and restart/shut down as quick as possible when you announce "2". Good luck.
---
If there's a specific monster/boss you want to look up, please visit this FAQ at http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/psx/file/197765/55793
#7JoloStuki(Topic Creator)Posted 3/10/2010 1:47:30 PM
I'm guessing the PSOne saves faster (still no luck).

If I understand the glitch, I have to do it before, "saved" pops up, and on my system it's _DEFINITELY_ 2 seconds flat (lol).

Unless we're counting differently.

Are you going 1..2..3.? Are you counting 1 mississippi (hippopotamus, one-thousandth), etc..?

Cause I'm doing the one-thousandth route, and I get 2 seconds. I can't seem to get it in any range. I've done it in about the equivalent of 1.5, 1.6, 1.7, 1.8, 1.9, 2.0, 2.1, 2.2, and it seems to be either too soon or too late.

I think I'm just going to have to hope to god I get it on the fraction of a second I need.

Or, I'll have to pop it into my PS3, and try, because apparently that works without too much hassle.

It could even be that the PSOne remodel handles the hardware differently in a way that doesn't allow for the glitch to work effectively, whereas the emulation of the PS2/PS3 doesn't facilitate that correction.

I'll have to test this out on my PS3 for sure.

I'll keep trying, thanks for the responses, man. =)

---
#8pika25Posted 3/10/2010 10:43:28 PM
I use my digital watch as it has the seconds counter. To me it seems to be nearly 3 seconds when my PSX saves LoD. Not sure if it's the same for you.

In any case, please try again as this does take practice like the Additions and the button-pressing spells.
---
#9JoloStuki(Topic Creator)Posted 3/10/2010 11:03:06 PM
Yeah, I guess you're right, I'm probably slowing down my counting cause I'm not following a clock.

Just a word of advice if you could offer it; when should I start counting? When the window pops up that says, "saving"? Or before the window STARTS to pop up?

Anything particular like that?

---
#10pika25Posted 3/11/2010 8:07:30 AM
The instant the window starts to open. So once before the window/rectangle comes into full view, I start counting. That starts my 3 seconds (2.8 I would say, but I'm not the one to know that).
---