quick question..

#1HS_ChaosPosted 9/11/2012 9:23:05 PM
I'm stuck choosing a third party member between Albert and meru
Albert is good due to his rose storm,but I've been reading around and I hear mere ends up being pretty beastly,both with her dragoon and her additions
---
You're not drunk until you're holding onto grass to keep yourself from falling off the edge of the world
#2booyaka619Posted 9/11/2012 10:00:56 PM
Meru is objectively better than Albert, but to be honest, just go with whoever you have more fun playing as. This game is fairly easy no matter what party you use.
---
Steam: RGK [NO!] -- PSN: RGKprod
Not changing this sig until in-game Half-Life 2: Episode Three, or Half-Life 3 footage is released. - Started 7/1/12
#3HS_Chaos(Topic Creator)Posted 9/11/2012 10:11:10 PM
Ok,lol,probably gonna use meru for awhile then,Albert is getting boring XD
---
You're not drunk until you're holding onto grass to keep yourself from falling off the edge of the world
#4Riku994Posted 9/12/2012 8:41:12 AM
Who's your second party member?
---
"Fools set the rules in this world. Just take a look around. It's undeniable." - Noctis Lucis Caelum
PSN: Riku994
#5HS_Chaos(Topic Creator)Posted 9/12/2012 9:04:26 PM
I'm running with haschel
---
#6GravitycrasherPosted 9/13/2012 10:25:15 AM
End game with 80 speed on Meru and 60 speed on Albert, he was consistently out damaging Meru, even with the 600% multiplier on Perky Step. Just my 2 cents.
---
Saa Dousuru Ima koso ketsudan suru toki da Shinde raku ni naru ka? Ikite kanashimito tatakauka? Jibun no kokoro de kanji tamama ni monogatari wo ugokasu toki da
#7LadysoalluringPosted 9/13/2012 12:55:07 PM(edited)
^^ What levels? Also why 80/60 and not 90/60? ;o Magical Greaves instead of Dancer's Shoes?

Magic outperforms physicals regardless and Meru doesn't start edging out other physical fighters (Kongol aside who she edges out earlier) proper until L40 - L60 but yeah. Her physical offence is competent end game regardless and she has magic and speed for general purposes.

From Punkaiser's Physical Attack Calcuations guide (credits/thanks :)) -

Albert L40

Pure damage - 854.55
Speed - 80
Speed > damage modifier - 1.6
Final Score - 1367.28

Meru L40 -
Pure damage - 612
Speed - 110
Speed > damage modifier - 2.2
Final Score - 1346.4

Meru should also get another free/extra turn every three/four turns or so here so yeah. Over the course of a lengthy fight/vs boss HP pillows it's not impossible Meru will get the extra turns reguired to outpace Albert over time. This is on a pure speed/additions based ration though and as noted sheer nukage w/th spells is better pre L40 anyway :)

---
Official "Vanille" of the Dissidia Duodecim boards
#8Demonic_EssencePosted 9/13/2012 7:56:26 PM
Albert is funner.
---
Whats a Difficulty Spike? Sounds like a sex position.
#9LadysoalluringPosted 9/13/2012 8:19:46 PM(edited)
Subjective ^^ :P

In my opinion it's also fun watching a slight slender dancer girl curbstomp the game ;) She has a massive hammer too :P

I find Meru a lot of fun because she's so versatile and flexible because of her speed :). She can be a pure curbstomping boss blitzer with offensive magic or you have the choice of making her more balanced between very fast healing/support duties, item tossing, non Specialed/buffed magic and physicals.
---
Official "Vanille" of the Dissidia Duodecim boards
#10Demonic_EssencePosted 9/13/2012 9:14:44 PM
Cape/Mantle beats everything., lol
---
Whats a Difficulty Spike? Sounds like a sex position.