so...

#1SoulRebelzPosted 10/9/2010 10:42:55 AM
I finished this game around ten years ago - when it came out - and digged it up a few weeks ago and have been steadily replaying it on psX fin (psxv1.13)...my CD seems to have survived the hands of time, but both my ps1 and ps2 have died in the past decade...and my ps3 isn't backwards compatible...

...anyway, I've gotten upto Conkram to the point I'm about to travel back in time using the Seru Flame, but my game always crashes right at the beginning of the floating-through-space-type sequence when you pass through the mirror, with the cmd stating there is a r3000 error

I've spent close to 30hours on the game and if memory serves I'm close(ish) to the end, it'd be pretty depressing if this proves to be a game-killing bug

any help?
---
It was the procedure of recording this that became the education; the final outcome is the document, but the journey was the destination.
#206blkredlinePosted 10/9/2010 11:31:42 AM
If the emulator can read image files, you could download an image of the CD. (since you actually own the game it won't be illegal).
---
1-pool is more effective. Have your 6 drones fight to the death and the one who comes out the winner gets to do the mining. - HUGH_DOWNS
#3Sise_NegPosted 10/9/2010 12:00:56 PM
I believe there are updated emulators that have fixed that bug.
---
I'm hilarious and everything I say is a supernova of truth.
#4SoulRebelz(Topic Creator)Posted 10/9/2010 12:35:05 PM
I realise my emulator is old, about 6 months ago I had a tonne of problems with ePSXE so ditched it...

...is that the emulator you're suggesting Sise?

---
It was the procedure of recording this that became the education; the final outcome is the document, but the journey was the destination.
#5_IcedTheater_Posted 10/10/2010 5:23:06 AM
I've never had a single issue with epsxe. I've had it on a few diff PCs, and it's worked fine for me from win xp- win 7.
---
Formerly known as SplitBy TheShadows.
#6rPSPgPosted 10/10/2010 7:29:07 AM
All PS3's can play PS1 games BTW.
#7Sise_NegPosted 10/10/2010 10:41:50 PM
^ Most all PS3s will crash the Legaia game at the mirror in Conkram, though.
---
I'm hilarious and everything I say is a supernova of truth.
#8BeelzemontZeroPosted 10/11/2010 1:08:50 AM
I've never had a single issue with epsxe. I've had it on a few diff PCs, and it's worked fine for me from win xp

same here
Btw, TC , you said had problems when play with Espxe, what version u use ?
I'm using ver 1.60 and no problem at all (maybe 1.70 better, but I still more like 1.60) :D

---
I Need to Die to Feel Alive [Nightwish]
I'm Stranger Changer & Danger~ Fallen Angel, Waiting for the Prey [Avantasia]
#9SoulRebelz(Topic Creator)Posted 10/11/2010 7:19:22 AM
I'm using psxfin - an older emulator.

I used to run epsxe a few years ago but it consistently gave me installation problems on new pc's, this I used the 'older' emulator (psxfin) as substitute...

...based on this boards and some other forums advice I've tried hustling a ePSXe from online to play the game - can't get a working version

:(
---
#10EternalAbyssPwnPosted 10/14/2010 5:30:59 PM
What kind of error are you getting from epsxe?
---
IcedTheater and SplitRyz
Formerly SplitBy TheShadows, a very long time ago.