Which tunic do you choose, red or blue?

#1HyperSiIencePosted 1/26/2009 12:03:55 AM
The first time I played the game on my GBC, I chose red only because I thought blue wouldn't look any different than green.

Now that I can play this game on my backlit GBA SP, I always choose blue. It's also the only defense upgrade (besides acorns) that you can get. For offense, there's the L-2 sword.
---
$my_cars = array("1972 Firebird", "1979 Trans Am");
http://hypersilence.net
#2KishinZephritePosted 1/26/2009 10:22:32 PM
Red, but I wonder if it's pointless to choose the red one if you already have the L-2 sword? Can someone confirm whether or not the red tunic makes the L-2 sword more powerful?
---
COD4 6th prestige 2.03 K/D ratio
COD: WaW 1st prestige 3.47 K/D ratio
#3mariostar224Posted 1/27/2009 8:41:43 AM
Yes, the red tunic still makes the L-2 sword more powerful. However, there are hardly any enemies for which this extra power would ever be useful. The one case I can think of off the top of my head where you could actually tell a difference would be against those mummy guys.

I guess that bosses might be an exception to this, but I can't remember for sure if the attack bonuses even work on them. And in any case, the only form of the final boss that is even mildly challenging can't be damaged by the sword.

Basically, the red tunic just makes life more inconvenient (although mildly more amusing) by sending your enemies careening across the screen instead of them dying (and leaving their items) right in front of you.

So to answer the topic question, I always choose blue.
---
I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure if you realize that what you heard is not what I meant!!
#4KishinZephritePosted 1/29/2009 3:53:32 AM
Guess I'll choose the blue tunic after all.
#5dswizardPosted 1/29/2009 3:17:45 PM
I chose blue, and was very disappointed in that it made the game far less enjoyable. With the potion, Link can take a huge amount of hits without coming close to dying, and in my opinion is not challenging. Better to play the game as originally intended without the bonuses for the full experience. I tried red too, and both tunics felt like you were playing with a cheat code on.
#6HylianFoxPosted 1/30/2009 10:59:55 AM
I choose neither, I always save and quit when I reach the fairy so I can keep my pimpin' green tunic.

In response to an above post, they are essentially a permanent Piece of Power and Guardian Acorn.
#7HyperSiIence(Topic Creator)Posted 2/13/2009 8:44:22 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#8kdman64Posted 2/15/2009 1:11:01 PM
I would do Red for the first file, blue for the second and green for the third if it wasn't for my LA glitching and erasing everything every time I turn it on! Well at least I got to beat it once by playing it all at once without turning it off.
---
I don't know what your talking about but if we launch all the zombies into space everything would be solved.
#9Jeod_CriptoPosted 2/17/2009 3:03:02 PM
^Your save battery is dead. Google this and you'll fnd out how to replace it.
---
So yeah, Chrono Trigger basically kills you. It's like if Lavos came out of the TV or DS and personally teabagged you or something.
#10kdman64Posted 2/17/2009 8:41:18 PM
^Thanks but I think the only reason it's messing up is that my brother bought the game fake in China Then again it couldn't hurt to try and replace the batteries in it cause as of now I can't play it without getting really frustrated at loosing everything I spent hours doing.
---
I don't know what your talking about but if we launch all the zombies into space everything would be solved.