Keep bow wow forever.

#1jotzuPosted 10/31/2011 7:11:43 PM
There is a method using the single screen warp glitch on the non dx version but it does involve sequence breaking. You can use the glitch to get the level 3 dungeon key. Also use the glitch to enter the castle and get the 5 golden leaves which causes the game to think the monkeys built the bridge which in turn causes tarin to appear by the beehive. talk to him and he asks for the stick you're carrying which is actually the bananas lol. from there continue the game as normal.
#2Golden_TorizoPosted 11/1/2011 1:56:50 PM
I'm not to much into trying glitches... what's the single screen warp glitch?
---
Zelda Game Boys Hangman 13 - http://bit.ly/n4bzUn - This game is for fun, not thinking. See you there!
#3VeryFunTimesPosted 11/1/2011 3:04:52 PM
Go to the very edge of a screen that Link can walk to another screen from. Move towards the edge of the screen and just before it begins to scroll press "Select". Press "Select" again to get rid of the map and Link should now be on the new screen but in the place he was on the old one.

NOTE: This glitch has been fixed in the DX version and in some later revisions of the GB cart.

So long as Link does not speak again to Madam MeowMeow, he will be able to keep Bow-Wow for the rest of the game. Also, if the game is otherwise beaten normally, Link will magically have the stick when Tarin asks for it, even though Link never actually obtained it. Asking Marin to follow you to the Walrus while having Bow-Wow causes her to become a glitchy version of him. If you enter a building and exit, the real Bow-Wow will be gone. Talking to Madam MeowMeow turns Marin back to normal and returns Bow-Wow to his post.
---
AIM: lostelixer
#4Bass_X0Posted 11/2/2011 12:04:00 AM
If it can't be done on the GBC DX version, why post it on the GBC DX version board? It doesn't belong here.
---
"History always favors the victor at the expense of the truth."
#5Starman_SuperPosted 11/2/2011 9:48:42 AM
If it can't be done on the GBC DX version, why post it on the GBC DX version board? It doesn't belong here.

Take a look at the GB version board for your answer.

TC could have been clearer for those who are unfamiliar with the glitch, but I'm sure you can see that there are one or two similarities between the GB and the GBC DX versions that would make people who are interested in one game also interested in the other...
#6Bass_X0Posted 11/2/2011 12:06:57 PM
Starman_Super posted...

Take a look at the GB version board for your answer.

I respect him as a contributor but I would have still made this topic over there if it had been my topic.
---
"History always favors the victor at the expense of the truth."
#7Golden_TorizoPosted 11/2/2011 12:09:43 PM
I don't actually play the game on either system. I simply wanted to know what this glitch was and how it's achieved.
---
Zelda Game Boys Hangman 13 - http://bit.ly/n4bzUn - This game is for fun, not thinking. See you there!
#8BLAHMASTERPosted 11/2/2011 1:51:23 PM
*goes to GB board and sees the most recent topic*

All topics go to DX board now

:( but the GB version is my favorite because of this very glitch :(
---
It doesn't have to make sense.
#9jotzu(Topic Creator)Posted 11/2/2011 11:02:08 PM
Sorry for posting it in the dx thread. Also I had forgotten about the glitched out marin when you keep bow wow. Been a long time since I used this trick.
#10HylianFoxPosted 11/6/2011 6:19:58 PM
Aren't there some characters who refuse to talk to Link if he has Bow Wow? I'm pretty sure Richard is one. (although if you're using the Screen Warp trick anyway, you can get the key without talking to him)
---
Retuuurn the slaaab...
or suffer my cuuurse...