Forgotten NPCs

#1BlueGunstarHeroPosted 4/8/2010 8:16:22 AM
We all know Majora's Mask brought over many of the memorable NPCs from Ocarina of Time, and flushed them out with names, backstories, and sidequests. Heck, they even gave the shop owners legs this time around! More importantly, was that now, nobody just stood around; everyone had a role to play, and a purpose for being there. But what about those other ones that didn't make the cut; what happened to them?

Today we honor those nameless souls that once stood among the other NPCs with pride, and ponder where they could have fit into this game.

The potion shop salesman - He seemed very nice in OoT, surely he could have had a place in MM. I guess they'd rather just hand his job over to a couple of hags that tried to kill you while having OoT's Fisherman pull double duty on 2 shops.

The little cucco girl- surely there are some cuccos that need catching (or not catching) somewhere!

That thin bald guy with a beard - Where he has gone, and how he was able to turn 360 degrees without moving his legs, we may never know.

That other shop patron with hair - Clearly an avid fan of Moe from the three stooges, was Termina not worthy of a few extra eyepokes and faceslaps?

That guy in the market's back alley with the big robe - What was he hiding under all those robes? And why couldn't this suspicious fellow make the jump?

The lookout guy - In the market as a kid, and on the Kakariko tower as an adult; would this mustachioued maverick find what he was searching for in this game?

The big lips woman in Kakariko - with a heart of gold and a face like...ok never mind the face, I thought she had a beard for a second there. She was kind enough to take Talon in when he lost the ranch, and this was the thanks she got?

So how about it? Did Nintendo make the right call, or could these tolerable, if not loveable characters have fashioned new lives for themselves somewhere in Majora's Mask? What roles would you have given them?
---
-BGH
#2NAU_TrackrunnerPosted 4/8/2010 9:19:43 AM
The big lips woman in Kakariko - with a heart of gold and a face like...ok never mind the face, I thought she had a beard for a second there. She was kind enough to take Talon in when he lost the ranch, and this was the thanks she got?

Doggy racetrack in Romani Ranch is what she got.
---
Cain is for Charlie and Delta is for Cain.
By Zeus' nipples, that's hawt.
#3BlueGunstarHero(Topic Creator)Posted 4/8/2010 9:31:20 AM
^Nope, that was the woman in the marketplace who lost her dog.
---
-BGH
#4metalsamuraiPosted 4/8/2010 3:13:59 PM
I don't see why they couldn't have included the Kokiri as Terminian children in some way.
---
So you're saying that Satan possessed my amp with screaming Mexican ragtime players who listen to the Jonas Brothers? e_e - reaper_killa
#5vampragonlordPosted 4/8/2010 7:28:03 PM
because then they would be technically "killing children" when the moon fell.
Romani doesn't count, cause shes in the "safe" zone in regards to her location (its hinted that it isnt going to be safe enough, but the outright "vibe" nintendo tries to give is "this place maybe kinda wont be ENTIRELY totaled.....maybe) so they go "yup she doesnt die" its the same reason all the "speculated" symbolism isnt in the ESRB rating (no matter how much it looks like one, it is *just a tower* ;) )
---
I think it would be neat to be able to swim underwater ~Mimbrate_Knight
#6metalsamuraiPosted 4/8/2010 8:43:15 PM
because then they would be technically "killing children" when the moon fell.

Bomber's Gang.
---
So you're saying that Satan possessed my amp with screaming Mexican ragtime players who listen to the Jonas Brothers? e_e - reaper_killa
#7DaniMakesItRainPosted 4/8/2010 8:50:21 PM
the rosa sisters who dance in west clock town? i know they were explained a little [they needed a dance for the carnival] but thats not really much.
---
([-[[-dani-]]-])
It's like a foot long, pump-action if you know what I mean. ~Cirevam
#8vampragonlordPosted 4/8/2010 8:52:01 PM
the bomber's gang hides with mr old "want to see my telescope" so theyre perfectly fine too.
---
I think it would be neat to be able to swim underwater ~Mimbrate_Knight
#9metalsamuraiPosted 4/8/2010 9:06:16 PM
the bomber's gang hides with mr old "want to see my telescope" so theyre perfectly fine too.

No, they walk around town until the timer hit 00:00:00. Besides, you might recall that when the moon hits there is giant fiery shockwave of death that would totally annihilate the surrounding area, including the Astronomer's Lab and most likely the rest of Termina.

I mean, the game developers wouldn't have made such a big deal about the moon and wouldn't have had Cremia's doomsday dialogue or the dialogue about the monkey, Goron, and Zora being nervous about the moon if it wasn't a real threat.
---
#10Belisarius87Posted 4/9/2010 8:03:22 AM
(Back to topic)

Big lipped woman :

"Barbara, the Clock town hooker, was added to your notebook!"

She stands at night near the curiosity shop (first and second night only). If you speak to her as a kid (Link or Deku), she will say something nice about going home and finding your parents. Speaking to her as a Goron or Zora will result in her refusing to offer her services to a "freak" (no, she won't have inter-racial intercourse). The only way to fool her is to speak to her wearing Circus Leader's Mask. She will mistake you for Gorman, a frequent costumer of hers, and ask you if you need some "cheering up" (since Gorman is crying). You can accept to pay 100 Rupess for her services. However, she will only carry on if you have previously obtained the key to the silver knife chamber at Stock Pot Inn. After accepting, the screen will turn black and the Dawn of the second/final day screen will appear, and you will wake up in the chamber. A note was left from the woman with a memento from her attached : a piece of heart.

"You posed as Gorman and got "cheered up" by Barbara! This was added to your notebook!"