Ikana Canyon

#1DDG91Posted 2/21/2011 6:14:14 PM
Hello guys and gals I'm here to talk about Ikana Canyon which is the last region of the game. Me, personally, when I played this portion of the games as a kid, it scared me (I'm not ashamed to admit.) There were mummies called Gibdos, those ninja looking monsters called Garos I think. Ikana Canyon is the darkest place in the game in my opinion compared to the Twilight Realm in Twilight Princess. But now it doesn't bother me as much and it's my favorite part of the game. So feel free to comment and let me know which part of the game you liked best.
#2Froggie48Posted 2/23/2011 9:43:06 PM
Ikana was my favorite "section" of the game, if only for King Igos. He was one of my more favorite characters in the whole game. Plus Pamela's "story-line" is a personal favorite of mine as well. And Stone Tower was my favorite temple too.
---
If I had a dollar for every stupid person I've come across, I'd be able to buy China.
The official grue master of EP.
#3Coqui267Posted 2/26/2011 9:30:31 PM
Ikana too was my favorite section of the game. The stone tower temple still trips me out. And you get to look foward to the fairy sword, though is kind of useless that late in the game.
#4lgosDulkanaPosted 3/2/2011 9:30:50 AM
It wasn't all good Garo fights and happy times, I assure you...

Ever since that Benjamin fellow came and ruined my statues it's been downhill nonstop.
---
The king has broken.
\\ (++) //
#5shiro_amayagiPosted 3/2/2011 10:54:40 AM
^Magnificent.
---
~Official Kairi of the Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Vol. 2 board~
Thinking of you, wherever you are...
#6stupac85Posted 3/4/2011 12:06:41 PM
Ikana never bothered me, but I do remember being really creeped out by the Shadow Temple the first time I played OoT.
---
This is no time to be arguing about time! We don't have the time!
# of people who know the movie and character that quote is from: 18
#7NcudayPosted 3/4/2011 8:18:00 PM
I've always love Captain Ketta and the Captains Hat. Don't ask me why, but I've always love stalchildren. I was terrified of ReDeads, but I never freated about being in Hyrule Field at night, because I thought they were funny and a blast to fight. The same is true for there versions in MM. I always feel bad with what happens after they've "fulfilled Captains Orders" but I guess it's like moving on.

I think for atmosphere that area has it the best. It's creepy, desolate, and oh so very detailed. Have you read about the theories on Stone Tower, TC? It's very fascinating.

here's a link

http://www.zeldauniverse.net/articles/the-stone-tower-why-termina-was-doomed/

enjoy! I've always loved that essay.
---
Oh, hi, the post is over, why are you still reading this?
#8kimyman2Posted 3/15/2011 12:43:58 AM
stupac85 posted...
Ikana never bothered me, but I do remember being really creeped out by the Shadow Temple the first time I played OoT.

I don't know why but for me, the Forest Temple creeped me out more than the Shadow Temple did. :(
---
Sonic: I guess being a princess isn't that easy!
#9sdcSpadePosted 3/15/2011 1:38:10 PM
It's my favorite area as well but I hate having to go there at the same time... just because of the well. I will never ever even consider going in there blind without looking at a map first to prepare all of the items. Worst part of the game in my eyes... but I guess you have to earn your access to awesomeness somehow. :/
#10VirgileCaine49Posted 3/15/2011 3:47:11 PM
kimyman2 posted...
stupac85 posted...

I don't know why but for me, the Forest Temple creeped me out more than the Shadow Temple did. :(

Probably because of the music, I remember I was pretty creeped out by that. And the poes....those didn't help either.
---
92% of teenagers today listen to rap. If you one of the 8% that still listens to REAL music put this in your signature.
Also, I_8_my_hippo.