Majora's Mask Theory Explained

#1LanceDrakoPosted 1/13/2013 6:00:30 PM
Okay I just finished the manga for MM which came out a little after the game was released. There have been multiple theories on who Majora is and where he came from, so here's the actual explanation. This was an original story that was supposed to be part of the game, but they didn't finish writing it until the game had already been developed. Here's the story of who the Fierce Deity and Majora were:

The fierce deity was some human considered to be an ancient one that traveled to this place between time where a dragon lived. The dragon could grant anyone a wish they desired, but all the people who went there were greedy with their wishes (such as wanting his scales from how thick they were to create armor out of) so the dragon ate every human after they asked for their wish. The man who just met the dragon said he wanted nothing when the dragon asked him, and to only make the dragon happy since it was alone forever in a place that didn't experience time. The dragon wanted time to speed up so he wouldn't have to live in that realm anymore, so the deity played a drum which the dragon danced to. It danced for 3 days straight and died on the 4th; so once it died, the deity took off the dragon's scales and carved it into the mask of Majora, leaving his spirit inside of it forever so he can find a new place to live. The mask was also a lot more appealing to look at than the dragon, which in turn made it more alluring to people who stumbled upon it.
---
3DS Friend Code: 4468-1223-0321
#2awakened_link92Posted 1/13/2013 8:34:47 PM
Manga =/= Canon
#3EutychPosted 1/13/2013 10:02:29 PM
That doesn't explain Fierce Deity though...
---
http://i.imgur.com/b5wlN.gif http://i.imgur.com/cfpsP.gif http://i.imgur.com/M3lmy.gif
Requiscat en pace
#4SouthCapePosted 1/16/2013 10:32:37 AM
In terms of what you learn about Majora's Mask's past in the game, the manga version doesn't even make any sense. I can't recall exactly how they word it, but Majora's Mask is evil sealed into a mask, not a creature carved into a mask. Just looked at how transformation masks work in the game: they're all the spirits of the dead sealed into mask form. Majora is probably a similar story.
---
This is Diane from Beef Head Videos. You're late in returning one of our videos. It's called "Coffee and MILF."Please return it ASAP. Have a nice day!
#5oznomad80Posted 1/16/2013 7:57:27 PM
That's from some manga MM, Nintendo didn't make that storyline.

And I can't beleive others haven't thought of this too, doesn't Giriham resemble Feirce Deity a bit? Giriham is Evil. Feirce Deity is "More evil then Majora's Mask?" And before you say he doesn't match FD's clothes, Deku, Goron and Zora all end up looking a bit more like Link, same is with FD.

Just a theory, but it makes alot of sense in my mind.
#6SouthCapePosted 1/16/2013 10:05:42 PM
Girahim? As in from Skyward Sword? He really doesn't. He looks like what he is, which is the counterpart to Fi.
---
This is Diane from Beef Head Videos. You're late in returning one of our videos. It's called "Coffee and MILF."Please return it ASAP. Have a nice day!
#7oznomad80Posted 1/16/2013 11:11:41 PM
Ok, I'll try to make more sense, resembles the charateristics of Giriham. And I think he was a goddish character, who was evil. Fits the story well, but of course is just a theory and is probably incorrect.
#8SinisterBladePosted 1/22/2013 3:07:28 PM
I always perceived the battle between Great Diety and Majoran, as an almost mirrored struggle between Demise vs. Hylia. (Since Ganons origin and eternal presence was explained at least)Termina is after all the dark counterpart of Hyrule, and its even interesting to note Majora is often theorized as female or at least effeminate, while Deity is clearly male. The good and evil genders are 'mirrored'. Of course its all theory, and the Manga is a horrible source for any such info, its is un-canon, and this is always strongly stressed for good reason.
---
What is a man?!
A miserable little pile of secrets!
#9Alan_00XPosted 1/23/2013 11:00:25 PM
I always thought Fierce Deity is really Link's (evil?) counterpart in Termina. When you transform into the other forms you keep Link's iconic green clothes, but in Fierce Deity form you have silver tunic and black leggings. And of course he looks like adult Link from OoT and has the sword shot.
#10SouthCapePosted 1/23/2013 11:20:02 PM
You think Girahim was a godlike character? He was a weapon for a godlike character. That's all he was.
---