Back story on the boss carpenter's son?

#1ColebyPosted 8/2/2009 9:06:37 AM
To me, this 'punk guy' is one of the most fascinating and real characters of the game. He's just so interesting, especially because he's so mysterious. Is it said anywhere in the game exactly who this guy is and what his past is like? He also plays a major role in the sidequest, ultimately leading to his doom... Which was pretty sad (and creepy) if you ask me. And what is his relationship with the old hag? His grandmother? Mother? All I know is that he hates most people, likes Link when he's reunited with Cojiro, and has interesting reactions when you talk to him with a mask on. I know his father is the boss carpenter and his sister is the Cucco Lady. I'm assuming his mother is that bearded lady who never makes the food she says she's going to do, since the boss carpenter is in there with her, though I'm not sure.

So does anybody know the real deal on this guy (serious topic)?
---
This is a scratch-and-sniff sig. Go ahead, try it!
"Coleby your sig made me break my monitor" ~ kill3r619
#2NameNotKnownPosted 8/2/2009 10:14:14 AM
That bearded lady is ugly as hell.
---
[This space closed for refurbishment]
#3LachrymosaPosted 8/2/2009 11:32:56 AM
I wish I did. I don't think there's really anymore explained about him that what you've already posted. He is an awesome character, though...

The mailman from MM is the same way. A great, deep character that leaves you wondering.
#4Professor_HojoPosted 8/2/2009 11:35:32 AM
A serious topic? That's a joke, right? How are we supposed to know any backstory on this character oustside of what you derive from the game?
---
Kasoku suru wa Yami o saki mada mienu basho e
Kaze ni naru wa hikari o koete sukatto e!
#5metalsamuraiPosted 8/2/2009 4:19:44 PM
^No need to be a **** about it.

Anyway, I had always assumed the potions hag was his mother. I think my Nintendo Power Official Guide says she was, but I tend to not trust sources like that as canon.
---
Usually gases coming from the rear end are not nice... - Danahell
#6Professor_GastPosted 8/2/2009 4:25:09 PM
Blatantly flaming people is the easiest way to be considered a **** (whatever that means), metalsamurai.
---
Kaze ni naru wa hikari o koete sukaato e!
#7metalsamuraiPosted 8/2/2009 4:33:36 PM
^I consider Hojo's "A serious topic? That's a joke right?" to be blatant flaming.

Also I could have just said "dick," since you can't get moderated for it, but I chose to just edit it out.
---
#8Professor_GastPosted 8/2/2009 4:44:08 PM
I consider it a valid response since there's no logically conceivable way that Coleby can expect anybody to know backstory that doesn't exist. Besides, I'm pretty sure that Coleby's a troll since he's adamantly argued that Zelda is whiny when there's no evidence in any Zelda game ever that she is.
---
Kaze ni naru wa hikari o koete sukaato e!
#9metalsamuraiPosted 8/2/2009 4:51:34 PM
Ok.
---
#10spookycandyPosted 8/2/2009 10:08:24 PM
He turns into a monster, supposedly. All the monsters look like the Skull Kid from Majora's Mask.

My theory has always been that the lost forlorn soul turns into the Skull Kid.