Need some help on the Ganondorf fight

#1blisturingamerPosted 8/5/2009 9:35:46 AM
This is my first time fighting him, and I've run out of magic. I never had the magic bar upgraded, and yes, I know that was stupid, but that's not really the point. Is there any way to get at him without having to use the light arrows? I fell back down to the level with all of the jars, but didn't find anything there as far as magic refills, so I don't really know what to do.
---
It's a little cOLD in here. -SpeakerEnder
I think that joke is a little dUMB. -MSliswin
#2Chaos_EchoPosted 8/5/2009 11:04:28 AM
Nope. You need to die now.

I'm not even joking. Happened to me the first two times I fought him.
---
Majora's Incarnation is what happens when game designers smoke crack.
#3blisturingamer(Topic Creator)Posted 8/5/2009 12:56:36 PM
Eh, I finally got it anyway. Just reset and finally figured out how to get to the fairy to raise my magic bar. Great game, but the ending was a little disappointing.
---
Apparently stealing is cool with the Jedi... ~MurphysGhost
It's strategic re-appropriation of resources. ~kirbyroks
#4kanzen muketsuPosted 8/5/2009 5:33:39 PM
You could also have gotten some green or blue potions to refill magic. IIRC you have to use light arrows against Ganondorf, not against ganon though it's kinda tough to not use light arrows on ganon.
---
He wasn't actually saved from the explosion, but he remembered how to be unable to die.
--Pieke Okata
#5blisturingamer(Topic Creator)Posted 8/5/2009 7:10:08 PM
Ganon was a breeze, actually. I was expecting the two final bosses to be a little more challenging.
---
#6kanzen muketsuPosted 8/6/2009 6:10:24 AM
I wasn't saying ganon was tough, trying to beat ganon without using light arrows can be tough.
---
He wasn't actually saved from the explosion, but he remembered how to be unable to die.
--Pieke Okata
#79weerwolfPosted 8/6/2009 8:21:20 AM
^ I remember wasting my Light Arrows on Ganon, I had to use Deku Nuts so I could get behind him and hit his tail. It's tough and kinda irritating.
---
Spyro and Cynder own the Dark Master in Dawn of the Dragon! Your mother, Malefor. :P
#8Professor_HojoPosted 8/6/2009 8:24:03 AM
I had to use Deku Nuts so I could get behind him and hit his tail.

No, you don't need Deku Nuts or Light Arrows to get behind him.
---
Kasoku suru wa Yami o saki mada mienu basho e
Kaze ni naru wa hikari o koete sukatto e!
#9blisturingamer(Topic Creator)Posted 8/6/2009 8:36:02 AM
The whole time I pretty much just rolled under his legs and hit his tail. I used Light Arrows maybe 2 or 3 times, but it's completely doable without using them.
---
#10GamerChick90Posted 8/6/2009 6:34:06 PM
The longshot works great on him too. But I think not using anything but your sword would proably be the most challenging...that is if you can even call Ganon challenging
---
Whoever said anything is possible never tried slamming a revolving door