Lon Lon Ranch Secret Grotto?

#1TheRewsterPosted 4/21/2010 4:46:54 PM
According to the Nintendo Power Player's Guide, there's a Secret Grotto in Lon Lon Ranch (around the southeastern area), but I have no idea where exactly. I've bombed all around there and used Song of Storms, to no avail.

Plus, I'm playing the VC version and thus have no access to a Rumble Pak.

Does anyone know where that grotto is? Thanks!
#2faramir77Posted 4/21/2010 4:48:55 PM
I think it's talking about the secret grotto OUTSIDE of Lon Lon Ranch, by the lone tree.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XiCtAUrZbUk
-- Defeating the Running Man of Ocarina of Time in a race since 01/17/2009. --
#3TheRewster(Topic Creator)Posted 4/21/2010 5:50:10 PM
Eh, interesting idea, but that doesn't appear to be the case. I tried the tree just outside Lon Lon, and nothing happened. Plus, that tree is in a different place than where the secret grotto is indicated. That, and all Hyrule Field grottos are already marked on NP's Hyrule Field map.

Hmmm...strange.
#4DaniMakesItRainPosted 4/21/2010 5:53:47 PM
well i just went and tried with a rumble pak/stone of agony and nothing shook inside of lon lon ranch, so i dunno. i went everywhere, not just that one corner too.

maybe it was just a mistake? its rare, but sometimes gaming magazines just get something wrong or mix something up, even official ones.

but i couldnt find anything for you, ran around for 5 minutes at least, sorry :\
---
([-[[-dani-]]-])
It's like a foot long, pump-action if you know what I mean. ~Cirevam
#5NikraPosted 4/21/2010 10:41:26 PM
Is it this one you're talking about:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v383/nikra/Archive/ARV_106_008.jpg

It's not a secret Grotto though. It's out there in plain sight. But only as Young Link.

---
The tyrant's ideal: To get a dog to carry it's own whip and be proud of it.
#6vampragonlordPosted 4/21/2010 11:17:55 PM
i know the one youre talking about, and its further north of lon lon
go to the northwest corner outside lon lon, find the "bend" in the road up there, and follow it to a lone tree, then a gap, then some forest. bomb the lone tree.
---
I think it would be neat to be able to swim underwater ~Mimbrate_Knight
#7NikraPosted 4/22/2010 1:13:39 AM
Well, he did said IN Lon Lon Ranch. You're talking about Hyrule Field.
---
The tyrant's ideal: To get a dog to carry it's own whip and be proud of it.
#8TheRewster(Topic Creator)Posted 4/22/2010 5:40:07 AM
@nikra: That's probably it! I'd done all my searching as adult Link and hadn't thought of reverting back to young Link to look. I'll have to do that later tonight when I get back home. Thanks!

And thanks to everyone else for your input too. =0)