Why do people hate the Water Temple so?

#1GrayZStarrPosted 2/26/2011 4:11:27 PM
Serious question. I personally only had trouble with Dark Link, but the temple was easy first time I ran through it >_>;

So why do people whine about it whenever someone on the internet mentions it?
---
#2smackydefrogPosted 2/26/2011 9:08:20 PM
1) It really requires you to think and backtrack, where a lot of people just wanna run through rooms one after another

or

2) They missed a key somewhere and are convinced it's impossible
---
My friends all call me Old Scratch and I am a Capricorn,
My turn-ons are romantic walks and killing the unborn!
#3stupac85Posted 2/26/2011 9:47:36 PM
Also, having to constantly adjust the water level so that you can access the next room tends to grind on people's nerves. Then when you get into the next room, you realize that you missed a key, so you have to backtrack and cycle through the water levels in order to access the room where the key is at, then cycle back through the water levels in order to access the room to use the key. By the time a typical first-time player finally gets to the end of the temple after going through this 4-5 times, their initial frustration has evolved into outright hatred. Then to top it all off, the Morpha boss fight can be almost as annoying as the temple itself, particularly to a first-time player who doesn't know the trick of standing in the corner of the room to stay out of the water tentacles' reach.
---
This is no time to be arguing about time! We don't have the time!
# of people who know the movie and character that quote is from: 18
#4LegoGarlicBreadPosted 2/26/2011 10:22:21 PM
The main problem is that people think they're too good to use the dungeon map. So if they're missing a key, they have a choice of finding it (by using the convenient map), but they don't.
---
"Are you okay, my-my donut pretty? Wait, you're a bagel! LIAR!"
#5seabass40Posted 2/27/2011 7:05:49 AM
my 1st run of the temple. was god awful long, but after beating the game so many times., its not so bad now.
#6cifer520Posted 2/27/2011 9:44:13 AM
What smackydefrog said.
#7ThamauturgePosted 2/27/2011 5:15:31 PM
I honestly felt that Stone Tower Temple in MM was much harder than the Water Temple.
---
Official Vayne Solidor of the Dissidia 012 Duodecim Board
"What am I to do with those who would oppose me? Show them death!"
#8GrayZStarr(Topic Creator)Posted 2/27/2011 8:30:46 PM
^

Stone Tower was only truly bad when you wanted to get all of the fairies. Imo, Great Bay Temple is harder.

Now hard for me not counting any of the 2D Zelda games, was the LakeBed Temple.
---
I AM....uh, someone.
...I think...
#9Noxus98Posted 2/28/2011 7:59:41 AM
Because it's the Water Temple.
---
GameFAQs: Where serious topics are joke topics, and joke topics are troll topics.
#10jakesayskneePosted 2/28/2011 3:17:19 PM
Personally I find it really annoying when you have to constantly switch between the Kokiri and Iron boots...
---
I'll give you a million dollars if you don't read this.