What comes first: The Spirit Temple, or the Shadow Temple? (Spoilers if any)

#1SMRPGFAN101Posted 8/15/2012 7:17:16 PM
The are many paths that can be set out here sans glitches like bombchu hover:

The Shadow Temple is last on the medallion menu. It requires Forest, Fire, and Water medallions, and the Lens of Truth for the unfamiliar player. The Gerudo Membership, Silver Gauntlets and the Mirror Shield are not required. It does not require the megaton hammer either.

All the Spirit Temple requires is the Longshot and Bow/Arrows as well as the Lens of Truth for the player crossing the desert. It does not require the megaton hammer or the hover boots.

An argument might be that the Bottom of the Well and the Shadow Temple are similar and thus, Shadow comes first. The flag to go back to being child Link is set when beating the Forest Temple. On the other hand, one could easily learn Song of Storms from the man in the windmill and go to the Bottom of the Well and after finishing the Forest Temple and getting the Prelude of Light.

An aside note: I love games that give you choices like this that don't lock you out of anything, but enhance replay value this way. I remember my first playthrough of the game when I finished the Forest Temple and started searching Death Mountain, but didn't know you could stop the rolling goron or that you could move the statue in Darunia's room to get to the Fire Temple. I relied on the Longshot and Scarecrow's song. I then finished the Spirit Temple because I had had the Lens of Truth, and a Longshot to cross the bridge. (I know it can be cleared with Epona as well). It was then that I entered the Fire Temple and then the Shadow Temple and finished the game.

So, which do you think comes first? I think that from my first playthough and the medallion order, Spirit comes first, but can definitely see why people would think otherwise.
---
A game about nothing... For some reason a "Seinfeld" game wouldn't work for me... or anyone else for that matter.
#2mark1515Posted 8/15/2012 8:53:01 PM
The thing that makes me think your intened to do shadow last (besides the way meddians are set up) is that right when you beat the last temple your told in a cutseen to head stright to the temple of time.

So if you did spirit last you will be waaay out in the desert.. so most players would warp there right? but when your warp your shown walkin threw the front door in a cutseen like you didnt warp at all
---
Signature
#3ColebyPosted 8/16/2012 12:13:02 PM
^That's more than likely just an oversee on the developers' part, though. I'm sure most people who save the Shadow Temple for last warp to the Temple of Time regardless of the proximity.

And yeah, I think the Shadow Temple was meant for last, based on its order on the quest screen. Not to mention it coincides with the 'Light' element, which is first in the order, making sense that its polar opposite, Shadow, is last. But I always do the Spirit Temple last, it feels more 'right' somehow, more complete.
---
*Offical Girafarig of the Pokemon Black 2 Board*
Palindromic Dual-Headed Ass Giraffe | Oh Yeah!!
#4kirbymuncherPosted 8/16/2012 3:29:43 PM
Doesn't Navi only talk about the spirit temple once the shadow temple has been completed?
---
THIS IS WHAT I HATE A BOUT EVREY WEBSITE!! THERES SO MUCH PEOPLE READING AND POSTING STUIPED STUFF
#5DrumguyPosted 8/16/2012 3:49:59 PM
SMRPGFAN101 posted...

All the Spirit Temple requires is the Longshot and Bow/Arrows as well as the Lens of Truth for the player crossing the desert. It does not require the megaton hammer or the hover boots.

If you wanna do that shortcut from the entrance of the Spirit Temple, you do need the Megaton Hammer.
#6mark1515Posted 8/16/2012 7:35:06 PM
kirbymuncher posted...
Doesn't Navi only talk about the spirit temple once the shadow temple has been completed?

0_o i never thought to check what navi says.. that would be 100% proof right there lol
---
Signature
#7ZeldaGuy68Posted 8/20/2012 1:05:52 AM
In the guide book, it goes (Temples) light, forest, fire, water, shadow, spirit.
---
Gamertag: Pointblank V
#8nerp_kingPosted 8/21/2012 12:08:04 AM
The first time playing, there's no indication of what order to do the temples besides Navi (unless you're using a guide). She says to go to Kakariko before the desert, so that's the correct order. There's no way to know what order the medallions and songs go in before you actually get them, so even if you care about that it wouldn't matter until you get them, at which point it's too late anyways.
---
Kudakechitta yume wo asu no hate ni hibikaseru you ni
Sekai no owari de umareta hikari bokura hitotsu ni ima kaze no naka
#9needlewarblerPosted 8/21/2012 3:53:31 PM
I always do Spirit last anyway, because it's my favorite Temple.
#10darkmoonbeamPosted 8/22/2012 1:40:26 AM
i guess the correct order would be shadow > spirit based on what navi says, as well as the connection with ganondorf being so close to the final showdown with him, first you fight koume and kotake as a prelude to ganondorf, since theyre related....

Idk im not good at explaining what i mean, but im sure you guys get it.
---
Welcome to Gamefaqs: Where adults argue with children. Constantly. Over nothing. (Y)
People who agree: Several