silver or blue which is better?

#1completeboyPosted 3/20/2009 12:12:13 AM
been a long time since i discontinued it last time, looking to finish it this time around, i think leveling is necessary in both games, but i like level advantage over enemies anyways. think this series does not let hero renaming which is what i do not like.
---
i am in love albeit its one sided as of yet. what ever has happened was good, whatever is happening is good too and whatever will happen will be good as well..
#2Cinder6Posted 3/20/2009 8:28:45 AM
Of the remakes: EBC
Of the originals: TSS
---
stop picking on balloon fight. - kuddy53
PSN: Cinder6 | My backlog: http://backloggery.com/main.php?user=cinder6
#3BrightShield786Posted 3/20/2009 10:39:18 AM
Eternal Blue Complete > Eternal Blue >>> Silver Star Story > The Silver Star

The only thing I like more about TSS over SSS is Ghaleon's character.

---
"We will destroy god. That is our purpose... That is our destiny!" - Grahf - Xenogears
#4Cinder6Posted 3/20/2009 11:06:01 AM
Eternal Blue has a bigger scope, and some really great moments, but I felt like TSS was a much more personal story, which is why I liked it so much.

Anywho, my personal "expanded" ranking would be:

TSS > EB >= EBC > SSSC

They really botched certain things in SSSC, IMO. It introduces a big plot hole, ruins Ghaleon's character, is less dark, and takes away a big revelation in EB/EBC. They also butchered the battle music :( And made it shorter. And took out all of Alex's magic abilities. Etc. etc.
---
stop picking on balloon fight. - kuddy53
PSN: Cinder6 | My backlog: http://backloggery.com/main.php?user=cinder6
#5completeboy(Topic Creator)Posted 3/20/2009 8:27:00 PM
gonna be playing both anyways, thanks.
---
i am in love albeit its one sided as of yet. what ever has happened was good, whatever is happening is good too and whatever will happen will be good as well..
#6DoraboChanPosted 3/21/2009 4:44:36 PM
but i like level advantage over enemies anyways.

I'm not privy to the details of how the Alex/Boss level algorithm really works, but that may be a slight problem for you in SSSC when it comes to the bosses... Otherwise, enjoy the games!
#7BrightShield786Posted 4/2/2009 12:18:59 PM
They really botched certain things in SSSC, IMO.

Certain things yes, but I feel the positives outweigh the negatives by a lot.

It introduces a big plot hole, ruins Ghaleon's character, is less dark, and takes away a big revelation in EB/EBC.

Agreed, but it does have certain edges as well. For example, Damon's Spire is like a million times more interesting in the remake, Luna got much more screen time(and a very nice song), the ending was lengthened, encounters were no longer random etc. However, the number one thing that makes me like the remake more is the characters. The party members get WAY more dialogue in the remake, and they are fleshed out much more. Alex actually gets more than 2 lines of dialogue now...

They also butchered the battle music

I gotta disagree with this. I found the music to be infinitely better in the remake.

---
"We will destroy god. That is our purpose... That is our destiny!" - Grahf - Xenogears