Is this greatest romance RPG on the PSX?

#1Kotobuki_SeikoPosted 3/4/2009 8:47:41 AM
IMO yes.
OK that's not really fair as I could only think of

FFVIII
Legend of Dragoon

Oh haven't played Shadows Hearts before.
Should I?
Anything else I should be checking out?
---
"I think futa is stupid because I can't think of futas as girls. They may as well be traps". - Zabi
#2truenelioPosted 3/4/2009 9:54:19 AM
I think this one is good, however there are a lot of other good stories out there. Lunar 1 for example =P.

Final Fantasy 7, 8, and 9 are all good for love stories.
Suikoden 2 has a pretty good love story in it.
Chrono Cross
Legend of Mana

I honestly didn't like Legend of Dragon later one...

That is all that is coming to mind for me, but I'm sure there are more. There are also a handful of games I never played, such as Legend of Legia and Dragon Quest 7 (on my list).
#3truenelioPosted 3/4/2009 9:55:00 AM
Oh GOD, how could I forget about Xeonogears! What is wrong with me?!
#4ShotgunnovaPosted 3/4/2009 8:58:12 PM
Greatest PSX romance? Definitely. It doesn't have the scope of Xenogears but it's the most well-written of all the ones I've played -- the simplicity is very endearing, and the epilogue is icing on the cake.

---
Take me down from the ridge where the summer ends
And watch the city spread out just like a jet's flame
#5BrightShield786Posted 3/6/2009 11:08:26 AM
This game definitely has the best romance on the PSX. Xenogears and Grandia come pretty close though. My taste is probably different from yours though, as I found the love story in FF8 to be pure trash.

---
"We will destroy god. That is our purpose... That is our destiny!" - Grahf - Xenogears
#6Kotobuki_Seiko(Topic Creator)Posted 3/8/2009 7:46:28 AM
Oh yes, Xenogears too.
Forgotten about that one as well.

I thought I was trolled by the initial ending.
Thank goodness for the epilogue.
---
"I think futa is stupid because I can't think of futas as girls. They may as well be traps". - Zabi
#7king_thanatosPosted 3/8/2009 1:34:16 PM
Lunar 2 had a generally simple and lighthearted story, so it was nice for those that like it like that.

I like the romance in Lunar 1, and somewhat Tales of the Abyss.

FF8 had the worse...
#8Cinder6Posted 3/12/2009 11:22:19 AM
Shadow Hearts is on the PS2, not PS1, but you should definitely play it and its first sequel. Koudelka is also good. Not as refined, but it does have some interesting things going for it.

And Xenogears? FFVIII? Bleh. Chrono Cross is decent (until the end), but I'm not sure it belongs on the list. FFVII is only an interesting love story if you actually play with, and like, Aeris (otherwise, certain events everyone knows by now leave absolutely no impact).
---
stop picking on balloon fight. - kuddy53
PSN: Cinder6 | My backlog: http://backloggery.com/main.php?user=cinder6