Medal of Honor- the best game I've ever played

#101logans_run_82Posted 1/4/2013 2:14:28 PMmessage detail
"Si (see) as the Mexicans would say (or P in this instance I suppose). By the way I know next to NO Spanish whatsoever- only "Si" :)"

I've got a handful of words I know in spanish but they're not enough to make sentences out of.

"I'm one of those who have stored all my Nintendo Power magazines! Not in the best shape though. The attic dust has really done a number on some of them. I even tried protecting them but attic dust is lethal! I should get another console- the Wii is running out of its lifespan TOO soon if you ask me, proof that Nintendo is already moving forward along with the times we live in these days where everything moves too damn fast anyway!"

I use to try to collect demo disks and magazines, but they got thrown out (something I wish never happened) But, I'm just saying that magazines can deteriorate REALLY FAST. You'd think they'd be okay just sitting in a box, not getting damaged or ripped: but nope.

"The worst part about alcohol is that people get addicted and say they're slowing down, only to continue drinking it when nobody's around. These are called closet drinkers, and my family knows all about these types. This is when addiction sucks all kinds of dung patties and the people need help right away but... my family won't get that help! So... mental agony for yours truly! So yes, take it from me- avoid alcohol!"

I probably shall. Unless if they lowered the drinking age to 18 all of a sudden, then I'd be taking advantage of my new found liberty, if only for awhile.

"He bought 200 dollars worth of pizzas. Must have been a really cheesy meal for him and his friends :)"

Dang, 200 bucks of pizza? That's quite a heist. Still could have been worse. >_> Did he get caught / busted?

"Hey! Lettuce is what I like to eat! Maybe they'd eat cabbage or sauerkraut? I know they love the taste of a spider plant! I remember waking up and hearing munching in the kitchen and thinking "What IS that sound?" and when I walk in... there he is, Mr. Turtle assuming nobody was around and that it was okay to come out of his shell and cause trouble!"

You probably wouldn't have to worry about that. If your turtle somehow got out of that fish-tank-like container most pet shops keep them in, then odds are your biggest concern would be trying to find the thing after it crawls under furniture.

"I really wish I had that weather here. Last night was 15 degrees for example, and I'm in my bedroom and guess what I hear? My neighbors dog barking outside. *rage*"

It once got down to 30 degrees here, and our dog was made to stay outside. I went out and checked on him, as he slept in his chair curled up, and was surprised to see how warm his core was kept. Also his fur coat got thicker in the winter. I'm wondering if it automatically thickens on a yearly schedule or if it only thickens when it gets cold enough. >_>

"The issue with me is that I like to replay games as much as I can, and the SAME old unskippable storyline popping up again and again just gets on my nerves after a while. Even in this Super Mario Galaxy 2 game that Santa dropped down my chimney for Christmas, I'm like "SHUT UP YOU PURPLE TUB OF CRAP!" whenever that purple star keeps talking to me about my missions. "

Oh yeah, I definitely know what you mean there. regardless of the game they should allow you to skip cutscenes you've already seen. Also: what else did you get for xmas? I got Xenoblade Chronicles and Resident Evil Darkside chronicles.

Not enough room to quote your last message about cheating: but yes, it's frustrating.
---
The Opposite of a great truth is also true -- Niels Bohr
3DS Friend Code: 4296-3151-0091
#102friendlydude(Topic Creator)Posted 1/12/2013 1:18:15 PMmessage detail(edited)
"I've got a handful of words I know in spanish but they're not enough to make sentences out of."

I totally lucked out and never had to take a Spanish or French class in high school. The way it's going I may be the only one- so lucky!

"I use to try to collect demo disks and magazines, but they got thrown out (something I wish never happened) But, I'm just saying that magazines can deteriorate REALLY FAST. You'd think they'd be okay just sitting in a box, not getting damaged or ripped: but nope."

I know! And when the Amish came by last year and put a permanent roof on my house, all the dust that fell from the ceiling ruined those magazines a little bit more. Not fun either- attic cleaning. An all day thing!

"I probably shall. Unless if they lowered the drinking age to 18 all of a sudden, then I'd be taking advantage of my new found liberty, if only for awhile."

I can't stand the taste or smell of alcohol. Immediately my senses say "No way friendlydude! I'm not going to allow that stuff anywhere near your mouth or nostrils!" Now Cardini's croutons? My senses LOVE those bad boys!

"Dang, 200 bucks of pizza? That's quite a heist. Still could have been worse. >_> Did he get caught / busted?"

What happened is, the credit card company called my dad once it reached the 200-dollar spent mark and that's how they found out the card was stolen. My dad's track record proves he never spends that much at once so they knew something fishy was going on. I guess you could probably abuse this if you wanted to and lie, lol. No the person who spent the money never got caught, but I was thinking... when you order a pizza they ask for your phone number and name. Hmmm..... Maybe the credit card company does know who it is and won't release the name.

"You probably wouldn't have to worry about that. If your turtle somehow got out of that fish-tank-like container most pet shops keep them in, then odds are your biggest concern would be trying to find the thing after it crawls under furniture."

Speaking of things crawling under furniture... never grab a toad or frog and let it go in the house because if you can't find it... you'll find it a week later when he's rotting and stinkin' up the place, that's one thing you can count on!

"It once got down to 30 degrees here, and our dog was made to stay outside. I went out and checked on him, as he slept in his chair curled up, and was surprised to see how warm his core was kept. Also his fur coat got thicker in the winter. I'm wondering if it automatically thickens on a yearly schedule or if it only thickens when it gets cold enough. >_>"

It's a yearly schedule. Most dogs (except mine, since he's a basset hound) grow in thicker fur, and it's usually noticeable around/under their throat area. That's also when they shed quite a bit too, and since we used to have a golden retriever... she'd shed all winter long. Being stuck indoors with a shedding dog means lots of hair in our food!

"Oh yeah, I definitely know what you mean there. regardless of the game they should allow you to skip cutscenes you've already seen. Also: what else did you get for xmas? I got Xenoblade Chronicles and Resident Evil Darkside chronicles."

What's the RE game like? What are the characters you play as? And who's the main enemy? All kinds of questions! The old school RE games are awesome, and I've even warmed up to RE4 the last few months. It might be a generic shooter in some respects, but at least it was one of the originators so that has to count for something!
#103logans_run_82Posted 1/12/2013 5:27:25 PMmessage detail
"I totally lucked out and never had to take a Spanish or French class in high school. The way it's going I may be the only one- so lucky!"

My town is around 75% hispanic, (a lot of which do speak spanish as their native language) and I still don't find myself in situations where I need to speak it. would still help if I knew it better.

"I know! And when the Amish came by last year and put a permanent roof on my house, all the dust that fell from the ceiling ruined those magazines a little bit more. Not fun either- attic cleaning. An all day thing!"

I've never had an attic in any of my prior houses. So I cannot relate. All I can relate is to magazine issues, getting wrinkled and torn even though I don't pull them out constantly.

"I can't stand the taste or smell of alcohol. Immediately my senses say "No way friendlydude! I'm not going to allow that stuff anywhere near your mouth or nostrils!" Now Cardini's croutons? My senses LOVE those bad boys!"

Crouton's are p. dope. As is italian vinegar salad dressing. I don't prefer eating salad without those two things.

"What happened is, the credit card company called my dad once it reached the 200-dollar spent mark and that's how they found out the card was stolen. My dad's track record proves he never spends that much at once so they knew something fishy was going on. I guess you could probably abuse this if you wanted to and lie, lol. No the person who spent the money never got caught, but I was thinking... when you order a pizza they ask for your phone number and name. Hmmm..... Maybe the credit card company does know who it is and won't release the name."

That would have to be held up with the place where the pizza was bought. Maybe they could've paired the name given with the number of your dad's credit card that aws used as a means to track the guy down. But I'm guessing this happened long enough ago that it's no use now.

"Speaking of things crawling under furniture... never grab a toad or frog and let it go in the house because if you can't find it... you'll find it a week later when he's rotting and stinkin' up the place, that's one thing you can count on!"

I'm not a frog loving person. They're about as fun as lizards, but they're more likely to get lost, because they actually move, and stuff.

"It's a yearly schedule. Most dogs (except mine, since he's a basset hound) grow in thicker fur, and it's usually noticeable around/under their throat area. That's also when they shed quite a bit too, and since we used to have a golden retriever... she'd shed all winter long. Being stuck indoors with a shedding dog means lots of hair in our food!"

My dog's fur is pretty short so it isn't a huge deal, but at the end of winter it gets noticeably patchy, with some parts still thick and others not.

"What's the RE game like? What are the characters you play as? And who's the main enemy? All kinds of questions! The old school RE games are awesome, and I've even warmed up to RE4 the last few months. It might be a generic shooter in some respects, but at least it was one of the originators so that has to count for something!"

The RE game is a rail-shooter. meaning you don't control where you go, and you just point at the screen and shoot enemies as they come on screen, like an arcade shooter. It's pretty okay. I haven't finished it yet because I've gotten some major gaming apathy as of late.
---
#104friendlydude(Topic Creator)Posted 1/19/2013 1:52:07 AMmessage detail
"My town is around 75% hispanic, (a lot of which do speak spanish as their native language) and I still don't find myself in situations where I need to speak it. would still help if I knew it better."

My belief is that we don't need to learn Spanish since we're Americans and English is the main language. Some disagree but come on, we all can't be expected to learn two languages! Besides, I'll never be able to figure out when to use an A or O when typing or writing Spanish words!

"I've never had an attic in any of my prior houses. So I cannot relate. All I can relate is to magazine issues, getting wrinkled and torn even though I don't pull them out constantly."

Attics are sort of awesome in the springtime, but not in the winter when all the cold air comes down and settles into your rooms below. I think I mentioned this before, but every summer there's always ONE wasp flying by the attic light. Only one, every single year! Why is that? Does that one bee say "This is MY attic- go away other bees!"

"Crouton's are p. dope. As is italian vinegar salad dressing. I don't prefer eating salad without those two things."

Dude, Italian vinegar is awesome! I'm also a really big fan of olive oil/vinegar combined. What's not cool is that it costs 10 bucks for a bottle of olive oil in a grocery store. The bottle's not even very big!

"That would have to be held up with the place where the pizza was bought. Maybe they could've paired the name given with the number of your dad's credit card that aws used as a means to track the guy down. But I'm guessing this happened long enough ago that it's no use now."

True, probably now it'd be almost impossible to find the person who did it. I just like my dad's response "If I ever find out who stole my credit card number, I'm going to whip him so hard his grandchildren will feel it". Really sucks this had to happen on my dad's birthday!

"I'm not a frog loving person. They're about as fun as lizards, but they're more likely to get lost, because they actually move, and stuff."

I like cuffing a toad in my hands and allowing a small open space. The toad always finds that space and tries to hop through it. I think that's how toads and frogs have survived all these years- they know where to hop and escape danger!

"My dog's fur is pretty short so it isn't a huge deal, but at the end of winter it gets noticeably patchy, with some parts still thick and others not."

Just curious, do you brush your dog? I figure if you're not keeping him indoors, you might not. I used to brush my dog every couple days, sometimes a few times a day if the shedding reached an unbearable amount.

"The RE game is a rail-shooter. meaning you don't control where you go, and you just point at the screen and shoot enemies as they come on screen, like an arcade shooter. It's pretty okay. I haven't finished it yet because I've gotten some major gaming apathy as of late."

Oh, I like those kind of games quite a bit. I think the game I'm thinking of is called Virtua Cop for the Sega Saturn with the same concept. I used to love shooting the innocent people which would mean Game Over for me, but fun times either way! I didn't know these kind of games still exist in todays world.
#105logans_run_82Posted 1/20/2013 9:19:57 PMmessage detail
'My belief is that we don't need to learn Spanish since we're Americans and English is the main language. Some disagree but come on, we all can't be expected to learn two languages! Besides, I'll never be able to figure out when to use an A or O when typing or writing Spanish words!'

Well, the spanish language is pretty easy to sound out, actually. It isn't the most difficult language to learn, although of course we all learn things differently, so that doesn't mean it'll be easy to learn in general. As I said I've never gotten it nailed down.

"Attics are sort of awesome in the springtime, but not in the winter when all the cold air comes down and settles into your rooms below. I think I mentioned this before, but every summer there's always ONE wasp flying by the attic light. Only one, every single year! Why is that? Does that one bee say "This is MY attic- go away other bees!"'

I kind of enjoy cold nights. It's a reason to use a ton of blankets. I like the weight of the blankets on my body, and that's a quality I can't enjoy in warmer climates, where too many blankets would just make things uncomfortable. So....attics in winter are chill with me.

'Dude, Italian vinegar is awesome! I'm also a really big fan of olive oil/vinegar combined. What's not cool is that it costs 10 bucks for a bottle of olive oil in a grocery store. The bottle's not even very big!'

I haven't tried that, I don't think. Unless if that's what they use at olive garden, (and probably is) I just use this pre-mixed container of vinegar dressing. Possibly hidden-vally brand.

'True, probably now it'd be almost impossible to find the person who did it. I just like my dad's response "If I ever find out who stole my credit card number, I'm going to whip him so hard his grandchildren will feel it". Really sucks this had to happen on my dad's birthday!'

That is unfortunate. My condolences.

'I like cuffing a toad in my hands and allowing a small open space. The toad always finds that space and tries to hop through it. I think that's how toads and frogs have survived all these years- they know where to hop and escape danger!'

They seem very agile. I have no toad-catching skills. I did not grow up near any ponds that had them. I did, at one point, live very close to a river / large forest. It was very fun, and relaxing. If I ever get high on mushrooms, or die and get those pre-death hallucinations, being near those places in my mind would be a comforting experience.

'Just curious, do you brush your dog? I figure if you're not keeping him indoors, you might not. I used to brush my dog every couple days, sometimes a few times a day if the shedding reached an unbearable amount.'

I do not. However I'm not upset at this because his physical condition doesn't beg for it. His fur is very short. Also he's difficult to work with when it comes to leashing / combing / washing. It'd be easier to train if I had the leeway to take him inside / do what I wanted with him, without my dad's say-so.

'Oh, I like those kind of games quite a bit. I think the game I'm thinking of is called Virtua Cop for the Sega Saturn with the same concept. I used to love shooting the innocent people which would mean Game Over for me, but fun times either way! I didn't know these kind of games still exist in todays world.'

They're not too common in today's market. However the wii has sold a few of them. There are 2 resident evil rail-shooters, a Dead Space shooter (which I bought a long time ago and haven't finished! ugh.) a House of the Dead shooter, and this one remake called "ghost squad"
---
#106friendlydude(Topic Creator)Posted 1/26/2013 2:35:33 AMmessage detail(edited)
"Well, the spanish language is pretty easy to sound out, actually. It isn't the most difficult language to learn, although of course we all learn things differently, so that doesn't mean it'll be easy to learn in general. As I said I've never gotten it nailed down."

It's sort of funny whenever I go to a Mexican restaurant and they ask me what I want on the menu. I pronounce the words but get them completely wrong, so they laugh at me! Hey don't laugh- I'll flip my chair in the air and toss a nicely organized basket of tortilla chips all over the freakin' place :)

"I kind of enjoy cold nights. It's a reason to use a ton of blankets. I like the weight of the blankets on my body, and that's a quality I can't enjoy in warmer climates, where too many blankets would just make things uncomfortable. So....attics in winter are chill with me."

Oh yeah, I love the feeling of weight on top of me when I sleep. Well I mean, blanket weight. Not my 50-pound basset hound weight! Nothing like being nice and cozy under the blankets on a cold winter night. Right now it's 15 degrees and my basement pipes have froze. I really should walk down there and unfreeze them but I'm going to bed after writing this and I can't leave the heater on for the next 7 hours or the pipes might melt!

"I haven't tried that, I don't think. Unless if that's what they use at olive garden, (and probably is) I just use this pre-mixed container of vinegar dressing. Possibly hidden-vally brand."

Yeah, I believe it's all olive oil in some form. I never understood why it's cool to diss the Olive Garden. The food there is, at least the pizza, awesome! I never had the spaghetti.

"That is unfortunate. My condolences."

Well my dad laughed it off after a few days. He was laughing and joking in a "What are the odds this would happen on my birthday?" type laughter, which isn't really funny but we smile all the same, lol.

"They seem very agile. I have no toad-catching skills. I did not grow up near any ponds that had them. I did, at one point, live very close to a river / large forest. It was very fun, and relaxing. If I ever get high on mushrooms, or die and get those pre-death hallucinations, being near those places in my mind would be a comforting experience."

Oh yeah, you can actually lick toads just the way they are! You don't even need to mix their hallucination poison with anything else- just pick them up (the South American ones I mean) and lick their backs right off the ground, lol. If you let them live, they reproduce more foggy hallucinations for your pleasure!

"I do not. However I'm not upset at this because his physical condition doesn't beg for it. His fur is very short. Also he's difficult to work with when it comes to leashing / combing / washing. It'd be easier to train if I had the leeway to take him inside / do what I wanted with him, without my dad's say-so."

Oh I see. Speaking of washing, every single dog I ever had dreaded being washed. They never liked being wet at all. They thought it was punishment!

"They're not too common in today's market. However the wii has sold a few of them. There are 2 resident evil rail-shooters, a Dead Space shooter (which I bought a long time ago and haven't finished! ugh.) a House of the Dead shooter, and this one remake called "ghost squad"

I might like Ghost Squad. That is, if you actually can shoot the ghosts and it's not a cheap way of having the bullets go THROUGH them by playing on the ghost theme. That'd make me pretty darn upset!
#107logans_run_82Posted 1/26/2013 11:41:54 AMmessage detail
'It's sort of funny whenever I go to a Mexican restaurant and they ask me what I want on the menu. I pronounce the words but get them completely wrong, so they laugh at me! Hey don't laugh- I'll flip my chair in the air and toss a nicely organized basket of tortilla chips all over the freakin' place :)'

I totally feel you man. I use to avoid getting something on the menus at restaurants that looked /really/ good to me, all because I didn't know how to pronounce it properly and I didn't wanna get laughed at. So I would settle for something else with a more common name. lol. But now I don't care so much, so I'll just point to it on the menu if I have to.

'Oh yeah, I love the feeling of weight on top of me when I sleep. Well I mean, blanket weight. Not my 50-pound basset hound weight! Nothing like being nice and cozy under the blankets on a cold winter night. Right now it's 15 degrees and my basement pipes have froze. I really should walk down there and unfreeze them but I'm going to bed after writing this and I can't leave the heater on for the next 7 hours or the pipes might melt!'

I remember my pipes freezing a few times, back when I lived in alaska. Our heater went out completely and it was 15 degrees outside. However I don't remember the house getting unbearably cold during this time. It was most likely over 10 years ago now.

'Yeah, I believe it's all olive oil in some form. I never understood why it's cool to diss the Olive Garden. The food there is, at least the pizza, awesome! I never had the spaghetti.'

I know right? I love Olive Garden. People just like being pretentious snobs sometimes and dis it because it isn't 'genuine italian food' or something. Which is kind of a stupid thing to say. First of all I highly doubt the people who say that are connoisseurs of 'genuine' italian cuisine. Come on. Just enjoy the awesome americanized-but-still-somewhat-loyal-to-the-original italian food that is served at the restaurant.

'Well my dad laughed it off after a few days. He was laughing and joking in a "What are the odds this would happen on my birthday?" type laughter, which isn't really funny but we smile all the same, lol.'

I use to laugh off *****y things that happened, until I realized it didn't make me feel better or improve my patience of the situation. So now I just roll with life's punches with stoic energy.

'Oh yeah, you can actually lick toads just the way they are! You don't even need to mix their hallucination poison with anything else- just pick them up (the South American ones I mean) and lick their backs right off the ground, lol. If you let them live, they reproduce more foggy hallucinations for your pleasure!'

I don't think I'd go that far for a high-experience. But I'm glad to know something like taht exists in the real world and not only in a family guy episode.

'Oh I see. Speaking of washing, every single dog I ever had dreaded being washed. They never liked being wet at all. They thought it was punishment!'

The closest I've gotten to washing my dog is pouring some warm water on his fur, very gently, out of a cup. Because it rained outside and our yard got really muddy, and his hind legs were crusted with dirty. So I got some of it off. I don't ****ing know how his coat gets all shiny and clean looking after stuff like that, being as I don't wash him in a big tub / with a hose.

'I might like Ghost Squad. That is, if you actually can shoot the ghosts and it's not a cheap way of having the bullets go THROUGH them by playing on the ghost theme. That'd make me pretty darn upset!'

It's a military themed shooter. Was originally in the arcades. You may or may not have played the original.
---
#108friendlydude(Topic Creator)Posted 2/1/2013 2:25:50 AMmessage detail(edited)
"I totally feel you man. I use to avoid getting something on the menus at restaurants that looked /really/ good to me, all because I didn't know how to pronounce it properly and I didn't wanna get laughed at. So I would settle for something else with a more common name. lol. But now I don't care so much, so I'll just point to it on the menu if I have to."

I remember one time trying to pronounce the name of a Mexican platter and spending several seconds explaining it to the waitress, and meanwhile she was telling me the name of it but I couldn't understand her language and the fact she was speaking quietly, so I kept trying to pronouce it anyway, LOL! This is when she just stopped talking to me and asked for my family's order. :)

"I remember my pipes freezing a few times, back when I lived in alaska. Our heater went out completely and it was 15 degrees outside. However I don't remember the house getting unbearably cold during this time. It was most likely over 10 years ago now."

You must have lived on the bottom part of Alaska which is better weather-wise compared to the unbearably deathly chilly willies that the northern parts present!

"I know right? I love Olive Garden. People just like being pretentious snobs sometimes and dis it because it isn't 'genuine italian food' or something. Which is kind of a stupid thing to say. First of all I highly doubt the people who say that are connoisseurs of 'genuine' italian cuisine. Come on. Just enjoy the awesome americanized-but-still-somewhat-loyal-to-the-original italian food that is served at the restaurant."

Wow, well said! That's exactly what it is too- an Americanized version of the real thing, and as close to authentic you can get in America. Only homemade spaghetti sauce (which my dad's girlfriend makes and is positively AWESOME on all levels) can surpass the restaurants that attempt to replicate Italy. You bring up a good point- the people that think the Olive Garden is not real Italian food probably have no right to judge and only have a limited view of Italian food as a whole. I really wish I could eat a pizza there tonight but I don't even have an Olive Garden within realistic driving distance.

"I use to laugh off *****y things that happened, until I realized it didn't make me feel better or improve my patience of the situation. So now I just roll with life's punches with stoic energy."

Haha for me laughter makes me feel better no matter the situation. Of course I've never heard the dreaded "I'm sorry you have cancer" line which is impossible to find funny.

"I don't think I'd go that far for a high-experience. But I'm glad to know something like taht exists in the real world and not only in a family guy episode."

Haha, and the Simpson's episode! The one where Homer travelled to South America and became deserted with several lickable toads in his possession :)

"The closest I've gotten to washing my dog is pouring some warm water on his fur, very gently, out of a cup. Because it rained outside and our yard got really muddy, and his hind legs were crusted with dirty. So I got some of it off. I don't ****ing know how his coat gets all shiny and clean looking after stuff like that, being as I don't wash him in a big tub / with a hose."

I really don't understand how dogs are able to have such shiny coats after muddy adventures. I know they lick themselves and that's how they clean their fur, but they can't possibly be licking every inch of their body!

"It's a military themed shooter. Was originally in the arcades. You may or may not have played the original."

Nah, never played any of them. I never even had a chance to play in the arcades uptown because they closed down before I was even able to get an opportunity! This was a long time ago though, so all is forgiven... somewhat :)
#109logans_run_82Posted 2/1/2013 1:15:33 PMmessage detail
'I remember one time trying to pronounce the name of a Mexican platter and spending several seconds explaining it to the waitress, and meanwhile she was telling me the name of it but I couldn't understand her language and the fact she was speaking quietly, so I kept trying to pronouce it anyway, LOL! This is when she just stopped talking to me and asked for my family's order. :)'

That sounds extremely awkward, and the exact kind of situation I'd always avoid, via going with "enchiladas" instead of something with a confusing name.

'must have lived on the bottom part of Alaska which is better weather-wise compared to the unbearably deathly chilly willies that the northern parts present!'

I did. In fact the first year I was posting on this forum I was still living there. I lived in anchorage, which is definitely the least-cold part of alaska....okay, maybe the panhandle is even less cold, because it's near water and is also further south.

'Wow, well said! That's exactly what it is too- an Americanized version of the real thing, and as close to authentic you can get in America. Only homemade spaghetti sauce (which my dad's girlfriend makes and is positively AWESOME on all levels) can surpass the restaurants that attempt to replicate Italy. You bring up a good point- the people that think the Olive Garden is not real Italian food probably have no right to judge and only have a limited view of Italian food as a whole. I really wish I could eat a pizza there tonight but I don't even have an Olive Garden within realistic driving distance.'

Ah man, that's too bad. Although I gotta say the pizza isn't worth getting compared to the other stuff on the menu. Try getting the "tour of litally" dish they have there. It has some lasagna, alfredo pasta, and some seasoned chicken. It all blends very well.

'Haha for me laughter makes me feel better no matter the situation. Of course I've never heard the dreaded "I'm sorry you have cancer" line which is impossible to find funny.'

Some of the extremely minor annoyances in life are easy to laugh about, but personally, for me, choosing to laugh about it instead of being serious makes me feel submissive. So I don't do it.

'Haha, and the Simpson's episode! The one where Homer travelled to South America and became deserted with several lickable toads in his possession :)'

When did that episode air? Odd that both cartoons would have the same theme.

'I really don't understand how dogs are able to have such shiny coats after muddy adventures. I know they lick themselves and that's how they clean their fur, but they can't possibly be licking every inch of their body!'

That's pretty gross, licking off mud. But dogs don't give a ****.

'Nah, never played any of them. I never even had a chance to play in the arcades uptown because they closed down before I was even able to get an opportunity! This was a long time ago though, so all is forgiven... somewhat :)'

Arcades were pretty much put out of commission when home consoles like the SNES were put in. Or at least, they were on their way out during that time. Today there are a few arcade systems on life support in local arcades and bowling allies. However a lot of the ones that I see are not in prime functioning condition, and often have a track ball or a joystick that just feels weird as hell. Also: Props to anybody that can use a trackball effectively. I never played many games with it or got skilled with them.
---
#110friendlydude(Topic Creator)Posted 2/9/2013 1:48:05 AMmessage detail(edited)
"That sounds extremely awkward, and the exact kind of situation I'd always avoid, via going with "enchiladas" instead of something with a confusing name."

Since you brought up enchiladas, I was also worried I might blurt out something offensive when I came across a food I couldn't pronounce. "Oh.. I'll go with the chimichangas!" "Do you mean enchiladas sir?" "Yeah, whatever the darn things are!" That's probably how the conversation would go!

"I did. In fact the first year I was posting on this forum I was still living there. I lived in anchorage, which is definitely the least-cold part of alaska....okay, maybe the panhandle is even less cold, because it's near water and is also further south."

Speaking of cold, 40 mph wind gusts are rumbling under my feet right now with temps 30 degrees below freezing. This is as cold as it gets in southeast PA. What's the wind like up in Anchorage?

"Ah man, that's too bad. Although I gotta say the pizza isn't worth getting compared to the other stuff on the menu. Try getting the "tour of litally" dish they have there. It has some lasagna, alfredo pasta, and some seasoned chicken. It all blends very well."

Lasagna- my favorite food ever! I like to make my own since that gives me an excuse to dump about 10 different types of cheese in there. By the time it's cooked it's so thick any normal rational person would spit it out in disgust, but not the captain cheesehead (me!) And if the pizza is one of the worst things on the menu... that place must be gold!

"Some of the extremely minor annoyances in life are easy to laugh about, but personally, for me, choosing to laugh about it instead of being serious makes me feel submissive. So I don't do it."

Speaking of laughs, what do you think about clowns? I think they're really annoying!

"When did that episode air? Odd that both cartoons would have the same theme."

This was several years ago, like in 1999 or 2000. Some people dislike it because it marked the period when the quality of Simpsons episodes began to go downhill.

"That's pretty gross, licking off mud. But dogs don't give a ****."

I got out of the shower one time and put on deodorant, and my dog pushed his snoot under my arms and licked my armpits clean, LOL! He was sort of smiling and happy wihle doing it, which shows how disgraceful he is, lol.

"Arcades were pretty much put out of commission when home consoles like the SNES were put in. Or at least, they were on their way out during that time. Today there are a few arcade systems on life support in local arcades and bowling allies. However a lot of the ones that I see are not in prime functioning condition, and often have a track ball or a joystick that just feels weird as hell. Also: Props to anybody that can use a trackball effectively. I never played many games with it or got skilled with them."

Trackballs suck. They were even considered weird and hard to use back in the day. Most people never even played with them so those machines went out of style sooner than the other ones. I can't believe they're still around!
More topics from this board...
favorite parts of levelsfriendlydude26010/22 1:04PM