The best order for X

#1DAMIDDLEFINGERPosted 1/20/2011 7:26:13 PM
I've been trying to optimize my orders in the MegaMan X games, and I thought I might share the order for X since someone already posted Zero's best order

Web Spider: Not only is this guy easy, but the faster you get the plasma shot from X's arm upgrade, the better. You grab the leg part in this stage and save the heart tank for later.

Storm Owl: Yes, for a lot of people this guy can be very challenging without a lot of upgrades but he is still more than do-able. The whole reason we come here next is for the plasma shot and the heart tank doesn't require anything so you can clear this stage of all its collectibles.

Cyber Peacock: Everything in this stage can be acquired without any upgrades and the helmet upgrade allows for infinite un-charged special weapon uses.

Slash Beast: Unless there is another way to get to Magma Dragoon's armor capsule, you need this special weapon in order to access the last armor part.

Magma Dragoon: You get the armor part and clear the heart tank as well.

Now you go back to Web Spiders level and get the heart tank

Jet Stingray: He has another E-Tank, and you do not need anything in order to clear any collectables

Frost Walrus: Has a bunch of collectibles in his stage which is why I recommend doing his level seventh and Split Mushroom's last.

There you go. X's best order. I'm also trying to optimize orders for both in X5 and X6. Anyone plan an order for those games that requires the minimum amount of stage re-visits (and for X5, all of the parts)?
---
Ass is not a banned word on Gamefaqs. Even if it was "@$$" would not be an acceptable censor.
#2GoukiAkujikiPosted 1/21/2011 3:05:12 AM
I'd do Split Mushroom after Storm Owl. Soul Body makes Cyber Peacocks stage much easier and the lab has no real challenges to warrant doing it last.
#3yipvivaPosted 1/21/2011 9:08:23 PM
Either using X or Zero, I will fight Magma Dragoon first, because of the ride armor.
---
My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/yipzhang5201314
My Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/profile.php?id=100001552656999
#4friendlydudePosted 1/22/2011 6:16:16 AM
That's just the exact opposite of my order except I do Web Spider (yeah right, I actually do him in the buns!) around the halfway point. I think he's actually a fairly difficult battle. That final stage of the fight where it's hard to avoid not touching him or the energy-draining mini spiders... they both do a lot of damage to Mega Man, and I always get hit at least once.
#5Really Good BeePosted 1/27/2011 12:46:07 AM
I always go Web Spider, Split Mushroom, Cyber Peacock, Storm Owl, Magma Dragoon, Frost Walrus, Jet Stingray, and Slash Beast.
---
"A man's got to stand up for his rights!"
"Look at that guy, a couple of his rights and you won't be standing up at all."