The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

How to beat Psycho Mantis

#1FlamazidePosted 7/17/2008 8:08:33 AM
I have a weird situation where I can't change controllers slots or whatever, how do I beat Psycho Mantis?
---
I gets Gully!!
#2DUIguy117Posted 7/17/2008 8:20:50 AM
You can still hit him, just not as much as you could by changing ports.

Are you playing on an emulator? Or is you second port broken, or what?
#3saintsfan damnbirdsPosted 7/17/2008 9:07:20 AM
An easier way to kill him than having a 1/8 chance of hitting him is this:

you have to get killed by Mantis(after Campbell tells you to switch the controller port) and then continue. The next time through if you call Campbell, he will ask you if there is some reason you can't switch controller ports...then he thinks for a bit
Call him back and he will say to shoot the statues with the gas masks on (that mantis throws at you), this will have the same affect as switching controller ports.
#4Flamazide(Topic Creator)Posted 7/17/2008 9:43:42 AM
^ Thank you.
---
I gets Gully!!
#5z0e0r0o1122Posted 7/17/2008 10:54:14 AM
It isn't always the next time through, however. Sometimes you have to die and continue multiple times before Campbell will suggest shooting the statues. I think some people have reported having to die and continue up to four or five times.

---
"Ya can't do much damage with that one, can ye? Perhaps it should've been the 'rule of wrist'."
#6Flamazide(Topic Creator)Posted 7/17/2008 11:54:46 AM
^ Thats ok I guess, as long as it isn't some crazy numbner like 100 I'm willing to do it.
---
I gets Gully!!
#7Flamazide(Topic Creator)Posted 7/18/2008 1:21:50 PM
You can still hit him, just not as much as you could by changing ports.

Are you playing on an emulator? Or is you second port broken, or what?

Don't they lead to the same thing or do you just change which thing your keyboard is in if you're playing on an emulator?
---
I gets Gully!!