So has anyone ever used a controller with Rapid-Fire / Auto Fire.....

#1Will SmithPosted 9/30/2008 12:11:08 PM
......during the Ocelot torture sequence?

I don't own any 3rd party game controllers for the PSX but I just wanted to know if the A.I. will actually know from the rhythm of your taps that you are "cheating" (or choose to not turn your thumb into hamburger).
#2_Shuyin_Posted 9/30/2008 3:18:40 PM
Any turbo controller made after the game released should work fine. I have an orange PS2 controller with the turbo function and Ocelot, naturally, can't read it (works great for the sequel's Choke Torture as well)
---
Just don't pull a Lionhart and shove your fingers in your ears and go " no no no no no not true" when you hear something you don't like. - OnslaughtX
#3Will Smith(Topic Creator)Posted 9/30/2008 7:41:02 PM
Thanks a lot for the info, Shuyin.

:)

So Ocelot (and the Patriots) can be outsmarted...HAHAHAHA!

^_^
#4You_Need_A_LifePosted 10/1/2008 4:15:14 AM
I used one of those PSX Raptor auto-fire controllers that came before the game's release...maybe you all remember them; they came with an MGS demo disk.

It worked fine as well.
#5chrisjfinlayPosted 10/5/2008 8:06:48 AM
Yeah, ocelot is bluffing. I used my 3rd party PS3 controller's rapid fire for the torture and he didn't know
---
I suggest we www.rot13.com spoilers from now on.
Playstation Network: ftr2k8. Games: GT5, Burnout Paradise, MGS4, GTA4, Sega Rally
#6FiresupotreePosted 10/6/2008 12:10:59 PM
No, he outsmarted all of you..

"Don't even think about using auto-fire, or i'll know."

He never said he would DO anything about it during the torture..... He relayed the information to the la-li-lu-le-lo and now they are tracking your every move, waiting for a time to strike.

So good job, congrats! This is what you get for being Turbo Weenies. Next time just man up, chug a monster and get tappin'!
---
My FOXHOUND codename: Super Ninja Fox-Snake! PSN: Firesupotree
#7_Shuyin_Posted 10/6/2008 8:13:53 PM
He can only read PS1 turbo controllers. Y'kno, certain ones that were released before the game even released.

Because of Snake's health not being complete during that point, the torture is impossible for me on Normal mode, with me only getting by with the skin of my teeth on Easy.

---
Just don't pull a Lionhart and shove your fingers in your ears and go " no no no no no not true" when you hear something you don't like. - OnslaughtX
#8You_Need_A_LifePosted 10/7/2008 8:38:28 AM
...give Extreme mode a shot! Five, count 'em, FIVE zaps per session, three of which are timed with a full timer!
#9dorfganonPosted 10/13/2008 4:52:59 AM
Does he say something if he does read you?
---
-