What MGS 1 Ending did you like the best?

#1Orange_TigerPosted 8/4/2009 2:34:37 PM
Good Ending
#2wwfbrawler781Posted 8/4/2009 2:57:36 PM
It's a tough one, because the good (And canon) ending gets you the crappy item, whereas the bad ending gets you the awesome item....

I liked the good ending, but it isn't worth it unless you're playing through the games from 1-4.
---
^ Best. Post. Ever.
I give free cookies! (::) Free cookies given out: 7
#3mohsin28Posted 8/4/2009 6:38:02 PM
the non-canon one. it seemed much more realistic, and it didnt reduce the game to the hollywood cliche of always having a happily ever after.
---
you better watch what the **** flies outta yo mouth,
or imma highjack a plane and fly it into your house.
#4Dante200XPosted 8/5/2009 1:57:31 AM
^But the hero is supposed to save the girl! *gets all depressed"
---
"because im not trying to look smart to win my argument, i have an actual case so i dont need to resort to tactics like that" - FreeIpod
#5OemeniaPosted 8/10/2009 2:34:41 AM
Bad ending, but then again, it was nice to see the Good ending after having played through the game countless times and then discovering a turbo controller = P
---
100% PC/PS3/360
#6SSj7CloudSPosted 8/10/2009 12:48:44 PM
This one's a tough call, and I'm not taking the item you acquire into account here. I did prefer the non-canon one. I felt it fit better, and didn't feel as cliche as the good ending, the 'happy ever after' deal an all as one poster above stated. I liked the good ending don't get me wrong, it's just I felt the other ending suited more.
#7nBa_fAn87Posted 8/12/2009 5:14:31 PM
I liked the bad ending, plus you got the stealth camouflage.
XC Runner
#8BlitzKing900Posted 8/12/2009 8:53:21 PM
In my opinion... Bandana > Stealth, if you know your patterns/are any good at infiltration the stealth isnt too useful (outside of fun purposes) The bandana obviously makes extreme BB a walk over due to infinite stun/chaff and bullets, although i get why ppl like stealth better cos you get enough ammo anyway.

I never got Octacons ending until about my 4th run through, luckily i find the torture very easy so i always just chose to save Meryl. The ending still fitted well with the story, and the intense liquid fight and her driving the truck worked well I found, so her ending felt right.

It was strange to hear in Octacons ending, just after you submit to the torture, Naomi (i think) say "Hows Meryl?" and Colonel and Snake go "......" as in how do you think? / what kind of stupid question is that? I loled.
---
www.youtube.com/blitzking900
trying is the first step towards failure - homer simpson
#9GHCPosted 8/12/2009 10:41:48 PM
I always liked the Meryl ending. Both are good though.
---
Wanna hear the most annoying sound in the world?
AAAAAAAAAAAAAA!