Combining

#1JustStoppingByPosted 9/2/2010 12:04:16 PM

Anyone know how to get great stats though combining. I was just testing to see if my phoenix with over 500 int combined with my weed which has over 500 int would create a monster with good int, but nothing amazing seemed to be created.

#2Wario_manPosted 9/3/2010 2:14:22 AM
The stats need to be as close to the other monsters as possible, in the same order too. So if you have 300 power with one monster you'll need 300 or so with the other too and so on.
---
All your children are poor unfortunate victims of systems beyond their control, a plague upon your ignorance and the gray despair of your ugly life.
#3JustStoppingBy(Topic Creator)Posted 9/3/2010 8:07:08 AM

Right, so if two were being combined with close to the same int, then the new monster should have a good int stat, right?

I saw some formula on Monster Rancher Metropolis and tried it out with my phoenix and weed and the two's int stat were their highest each, but Dadge didn't make a comment like he should have. I don't think I am doing it right.

Do you know what I'm talking about at Monster Rancher Metropolis?

#4Wario_manPosted 9/3/2010 5:11:43 PM
Yeah, I know. It should still be decent, 500 isn't that big but save it before you combine and see what you get, should be ok at least =] I don't think he'll make a comment until you get really good stats in all though.
---
All your children are poor unfortunate victims of systems beyond their control, a plague upon your ignorance and the gray despair of your ugly life.
#5JustStoppingBy(Topic Creator)Posted 9/4/2010 7:22:00 AM

That's what I thought, but what I read plus the fact that the new monster didn't seem to have such a great new stat, made me think I wasn't doing it right.

So if I want a combined monster's stat(s) to be better, combine monsters with similar stats.?

#6Wario_manPosted 9/5/2010 2:02:03 AM
More or less. The closer the stats are to eachother and the higher they are the better the outcome will be.
---
#7DemiseEndPosted 9/6/2010 3:50:28 AM
the way to make a good fusion is :
calculate your monster stats with their base stats(read at the guide)
make the order from highest to lowest
do the same to the other monster
make sure the order is same
then for the fusion result, their base stats must be as close as possible to the stats order
The base stats is taken by the monsters base not their stat gains base
#8JustStoppingBy(Topic Creator)Posted 9/6/2010 11:03:25 AM

Ok, that sounds like what I read at Monster Rancher Metropolis. I tried it out with a phoenix and weed and I must have done something wrong since Dadge didn't say what I thought he would.

How does this work?

#9JustStoppingBy(Topic Creator)Posted 9/6/2010 8:07:48 PM

Ok, can you help me figure this out.

This...

kato/dragon

lif 304

pow 505

int 232

ski 220

spd 302

def 156

combined with this...

hopper/suezo

lif 238

pow 502

int 87

ski 354

spd 67

def 237

says "This combination doesn't look so good. I can't recommend it." andgets...

hopper/kato

lif 88

pow 115

int 132

ski 161

spd 147

def 74

Where the same kato/dragon combined with...

hopper/suezo

lif 56

pow 103

int 142

ski 170

spd 132

def 55

says "The prospect of this combination is good. You can look forward to it." andgets...

hopper/kato

lif 109

pow 103

int 134

ski 156

spd 149

def 60

How does this work out? And the first hopper/suezo still should be able to train some more for maybe three more months, so what could I do to make that combo better to create a better hopper/kato with hopefully a better pow stat?