Why did my combo go horribly wrong?

#1Hedgehog_KnightPosted 3/14/2013 8:28:45 PM
I combined a Big Blue with a Draco Hopper, using a Dragon Tusk as seasoning, to get a Dragon. But even though their stats line up as such:

Golem/Tiger
Lif. 330 (x1)
Pow. 711 (x1.5)
Int. 490 (x1)
Ski. 459 (x1)
Spd. 51 (x.5)
Def. 407 (x1)

Hopper/Dragon
Lif. 257 (x.5)
Pow. 669 (x1.5)
Int. 523 (x1.5)
Ski. 454 (x1.5)
Spd. 89 (x1)
Def. 278 (x.5)

The Dragon I got was this:

Dragon
Lif. 129
Pow. 255
Int. 216
Ski. 166
Spd. 90
Def. 151

There are no stat ties, Dadge says it's great, and I double checked the stat order and the parents' gains, so why is nothing even above 300? Does using the combining items that guarantee unlockable monsters nerf the offspring's stats?
---
"All stopped too... If we have no magic stick, it will be the same thing." - Zac - PuLiRuLa
#2gemeni_anoPosted 3/25/2013 6:53:20 AM
this is why,

Big Blue (Golem/Tiger) has this stats in order
Pow>Ski>Lif>Int>Def>Spd

compared to Draco Hoppers,
Ski>Int>Spd>Pow>Def>Lif

Only Def are aligned and it's at the far end. even if you successfully balanced the stats of parents according to the product, stats would be a little off since Dragon stats are
Pow>Int>Ski>Def>Lif>Spd

My suggestion would be training that dragon and try to complete the quest for Dullahan's Sword then combine the two for either Armor Dragon or Vesuvius which are both better than an ordinary dragon. i got Vesuvius in my roster for details.
---
NP: Disagea HoD, TO:LucT
Laharl & his Vassals VS Denam and the whole of Ivalice
#3Hedgehog_Knight(Topic Creator)Posted 3/26/2013 8:27:37 PM
I'm not sure where Big Blue and Draco Hopper's base stats come into the equation, when the corrected stats match up, and none of them are tied.

Ecch, I'm done with this game anyway. I'm at rank 8 with at least two monsters strong enough to beat the big four, but I don't really have any motivation to do so. And I know reaching master rank isn't all there is to this game, but I don't feel any motivation to raise more monsters either, because all the cool-looking attacks have such low accuracy and high guts cost, all I'd get out of it is frustration and losses. The game was fun while it lasted, but I can't seem to get much more satisfaction out of it.

Than you very much for the reply, maybe I'll try that when I'm in the mood to play this again.
---
"All stopped too... If we have no magic stick, it will be the same thing." - Zac - PuLiRuLa
#4gemeni_anoPosted 3/28/2013 3:18:01 AM
When i try to create a superbaby, i choose the parents whose stats alignment are close to the product and i get great results..
Maybe when you face MOST (mocchi/???) you'll be motivated again.. 800+ stats on most stats..
And the elusive Akiral (Gali/Zuum) whose stats go beyond the roof.. XD
---
NP: Disagea HoD, TO:LucT
Laharl & his Vassals VS Denam and the whole of Ivalice
#5Marvell_SkPosted 4/12/2013 5:23:44 AM
gemeni_ano posted...

Maybe when you face MOST (mocchi/???) you'll be motivated again.. 800+ stats on most stats..
And the elusive Akiral (Gali/Zuum) whose stats go beyond the roof.. XD

800+ stats on most stats... It would be better not using "on most stats"...Only def and spd are 800+ others are 700-800..
hehe just a minor problem though sorry for that :)

so yeah, If you really want to be motivated, then download saved game files of other players (which ofcourse, must be the same format as yours) and fight their trained monster in the fridge through 1p vs 2p. There are a lot of strong monster out there.. I'd recommend switching the control to com vs com. if you're solo..
---
-True Heart for Mystery Eyes-
"We want gameplay, not graphics. We're Gamers, not artists"