This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Leia sucks.

#1brashflagrantPosted 2/27/2010 7:01:17 PM
So yeah Leia is pretty terrible. She's at level 26 and both her physical and magic attacks are much weaker than anyone else in my army, even my lone Freya. Her magic is weaker than my ninja masters as well. Is she useful for anything at all? I don't even know what to do with her so I put Leia in the back row with an archmage and Meredia with a Black knight and a swordmaster up front... even though her magic sucks I don't think shes useful for anything else really. Anyone else have any opinions/suggestions on how to use Leia effectively?
#2EnragedSlithPosted 2/27/2010 8:41:01 PM
Give her Aisha or a Priest and put a Pumpkinhead in the back. Fill the other two slots with cannon fodder. Yes, she does suck (which I've only really noticed recently, along with Valks and Freyas) but she does enough to kill enemies that have been softened to 50 or below hp.
#3EnragedSlithPosted 2/28/2010 1:37:58 AM
I just wanted to add, that it was an odd decision to give the female versatility class horrible stat growth, particularly compared to their awesome Ninja Master counterparts who completely outperform them in every single aspect of the game. The only marginal benefit Freyas have over the ninjas is the fact that elemental spears are much more common than claws, particularly mid-game. I suppose their only real purpose is providing lawful-unit spellcasting for players who don't like to exchange soldiers between units.
#4dino200089Posted 2/28/2010 10:42:10 AM
isnt that obvious ?
she a woman........lol jk jk
#5VideoGamer992Posted 2/28/2010 2:42:08 PM
Meredia and Aisha must therefore be men...
---
Vince: "Hi its vince with Shamwow! its like a shammy(wtf?) its like a towel. regualar towals dont work wet nor dry. germens always make gud stuff -Y_shoota
#6jukesterPosted 2/28/2010 4:39:05 PM
I give her Meredia. Leia and a Freya in the front, Meredia and two Sirens in the back.

I've had no problems with them.

---
{aB} "it's the closest thing to an aphrodisiac I can think of" ~ Scotty Thrawn in reference to a pen
jukester
#7redtide1962Posted 3/7/2010 7:13:00 PM
Priest Pumpkinhead Leia (back row)
Witch Cataphract (middle row)

the first round of attacks is usually worthless until the pumpkin shower, but after that . . .

Leia kills pretty much anything that was hit by two or more pumpkins with her second attack
witch paralyzes whatever leia cannot reach before the pumpkin shower and dodges physicals
cataphract attacks single targets, occasionally finishing something after a shower
priest heals either front row + pumpkin, or back row + cataphract (or she heals a square block -- always includes the pumpkin though)

it one-rounds pretty much any boss in this game, cripples any regular enemy unit, and is almost guaranteed to wipe out any enemy unit in two battles, despite having only two real attackers (usually leia gets 1-2 kills in the first battle, then the cataphract gets 0 or 1 kills in the second battle, and either leia or the pumpkinhead will kill the last 1-2 enemies in the second battle)

anyway, this is what I like to do with my failure characters. Like if I have witches/sorceresses that end up underleveled or lawfully aligned, or both, I'll make one into a priest and leave the other as a witch (especially if she's stuck there), and slam them together with pumpkinhead and some other underperforming characters that are easily changed into a cataphract, freya or centurion, and led by a fail special character like Leia.

thoughts?
#8EnragedSlithPosted 3/7/2010 10:17:59 PM
Priest + Pumpkinhead in the back row will clean house no matter what unit you put them in.
#9holeinyourheadPosted 3/7/2010 10:43:37 PM
I'm w/ Jukester in the fact that I pair Leia w/ Meredia. It just seems so wrong that they wouldn't be fighting together.
---
The Ogre Battle 64 board loves you
Thanks for bringing back Kitty Pryde, Marvel, now do something awesome!!!
#10JGPJR79Posted 3/7/2010 11:25:02 PM
I guess you could just... Not used her at all until her promotion. lol
I think her stats will be a little better... A little. @_@
---
Game music : Mirror B.`s Retro Groove, The Shining Spear Pierces the Darkness,
Dance of the Spirits, Verethraghna, Beauty is a Mad Mistress.