Chances are, this game will never see a re-release

#1ajg5354Posted 8/30/2012 11:35:06 PM
So rejoice that you own the original copy.
No matter how much it may grow to on ebay within the next coming years.
No matter the price it may receive as a downloadable title.
You own a part of video gaming history.
Something that can never be replaced.
A copy that can never be replicated, even with emulation, or digital simulation.

I am proud to own a copy of this game.
To know about the narration and vision that only others can dream about.
To realize that retro gaming is culminated within the classic that is lost, yet remembered within a legion of devotes.
May it's legions be few, or those forgotten.
To understand that video games are not just a part of pop culture, but a part of myself.
To understand that video game creation is not just that of monetary gain, but that of artistic intellect.
I will always hold this game in the utmost regard.
---
PSN = THISsecretNINJA2
GT = THISsecretNINJA
#2TheMisfitPosted 8/31/2012 9:07:51 AM
Well Sega has been considering Saturn emulation for the PSN store...it's a long shot...but maybe.
---
GameFAQs user & enthusiast for over 10 years.
#3kylemcauliffe15Posted 8/31/2012 1:06:16 PM
They could still re-release the game without any sort of source-code. Those enhanced PS2 port collections were apparently completed from the compiled retail code.
---
PSN: Gasshu-kun
The thermometer of success is merely the jealousy of the malcontents. - Salvador Dali
#4noidentityPosted 9/1/2012 12:19:23 AM
I've been suspicious of the "lost source code" story lately. According to the interview I read with Yukio Futatsugi, he wouldn't elaborate as to why it went missing. Why be so secretive about it? What's to hide?
#5bultje112Posted 9/4/2012 1:25:05 AM
because it's probably a very emberassing story. the source code is lost 100% like it or not, it has been stated by multiple people involved.
---
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1318223517
#6l3igl3ossPosted 9/15/2012 3:32:40 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#7xOmniCloudxPosted 9/18/2012 2:39:29 AM
I don't understand. What does losing the source code matter if you have a copy of the game and even emulated versions everywhere? Why not digtalize a retail version or use an emulated one for release? SEGA has emulated a billion of their Genesis games for collections and so have various other companies and outlets like Wii virtual console as well. Why is it different here or for any game with a lost source code?
---
This is GameFAQs. People here take great pride in ignoring common sense.
#8EvelSaiyanPosted 9/19/2012 8:38:19 AM
TheMisfit posted...
Well Sega has been considering Saturn emulation for the PSN store...it's a long shot...but maybe.

I hope this happens. My and my psp would love it.
---
I was hiding under your porch because I love you.
#9bultje112Posted 9/20/2012 4:48:18 AM
EvelSaiyan posted...
TheMisfit posted...

I hope this happens. My and my psp would love it.

I doubt it will be possible for psp
---
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1318223517
More topics from this board...
just started...purplefox1911/17 1:13AM