Not in IGN's list of top 100 RPGs of all time.

#31MartinIIIaPosted 11/16/2012 9:58:33 AM(edited)
kylemcauliffe15 posted...
Literary circles don't mean much to me, especially when it's just more group-think opinion pushing. I don't say this to be rude, I just don't appreciate being told I'm wrong because such and such group has such and such opinion that's somehow "more correct" than mine. :3

It's not opinion, though. (Or if that terminology offends you: It's informed opinion.) People in literary circles have spent countless hours writing, read more fiction than you've even heard of, and considered thousands of people's reactions to dozens of works. Thus they know a lot about what works and what doesn't, and why. You wouldn't say 'I just don't appreciate being told I'm wrong because such and such group has such and such opinion that's somehow "more correct" than mine' to a team of doctors if they told you your child has a potentially fatal illness, would you?
#32bultje112Posted 11/17/2012 6:44:07 AM
you literally compare a disease, which is a fact, to something like story, which is 100% opinion and emotion.

you sound like an elitist **** btw
---
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1318223517
#33MartinIIIaPosted 11/18/2012 5:17:57 AM
bultje, you already said you don't "give a crap" about this issue. Why are you still posting about this, unless you're just trolling?
#34SSJ_SonikkuPosted 11/23/2012 7:50:00 AM
This I don't get. How come Saga is on their list of the best games ever made, but not on the list for RPGS? It doesn't make sense. Then again, IGN sucks most of the time.
---
I'm a gamer that loves fighting games!
#35MartinIIIaPosted 12/9/2012 6:42:32 AM
SSJ_Sonikku posted...
This I don't get. How come Saga is on their list of the best games ever made, but not on the list for RPGS? It doesn't make sense. Then again, IGN sucks most of the time.

Yep, you can say that again. I stopped reading their reviews entirely a few months ago. You can get a much better analysis of a game just by reading two or three GameFAQs reader reviews.
#36SSJ_SonikkuPosted 12/13/2012 1:05:34 PM
MartinIIIa posted...
SSJ_Sonikku posted...

Yep, you can say that again. I stopped reading their reviews entirely a few months ago. You can get a much better analysis of a game just by reading two or three GameFAQs reader reviews.

That makes sense as GameFaqs is a community of gamers. Actually, one video game site I go to all the time now is GameTrailers. They are not bad really.
---
I'm a gamer that loves fighting games!