Loved the game, but this one thing annoyed me.... *spoilers*

#1Suddy89Posted 11/28/2012 5:50:26 PM
At the end when Edge looks directly into the camera and talks to you.... It's just so bizarre and silly. What do you guys think about it?
---
How many pancakes does it take for a duck to put shingles on a doghouse.
#2kimaochiPosted 11/29/2012 9:40:11 PM
You're not the only one. A lot of us didn't like it either.
#3bultje112Posted 12/3/2012 1:16:32 PM
http://www.thewilloftheancients.com/articles/divine-visitor-theory

there are a lot of different theories about it.
---
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1318223517
#4MartinIIIaPosted 12/9/2012 6:50:54 AM
Yep, "silly" is a good word for it. As mentioned in another thread, breaking the fourth wall in a dramatic story is as fundamental an error as using deus ex machina or forgetting to give your characters personality.

Given the very high quality of the rest of the story, I think this is a casualty of PDS's development being rushed towards the end. Sometimes game developers need to put something in that they know is bad just so that they can get something out at all.

On the bright side, due to the rest of the story being so well-constructed, it's no problem for me to imagine my own ending to the game.
#5Suddy89(Topic Creator)Posted 12/9/2012 11:34:14 AM
So is the ending "bad", or more just "creative/comedic and different" I cant decide
---
How many pancakes does it take for a duck to put shingles on a doghouse.
#6quickbeamPosted 12/13/2012 2:21:06 PM
I for one think it's kind of neat to conceptualize myself, the player, as somehow possessing the protagonist in a videogame.
---
Holy **** a topic full of internet tough guys. Reality check, misanthropy stopped being cool, as well as idolizing Vegeta. - Vyyk
#7ShiningPhantasyPosted 12/14/2012 9:20:12 PM
It didn't really bother me much, it just caught me off guard a little bit. Didn't decrease my enjoyment of the game in the least; still one of the best gaming experiences and will never be duplicated. Same concept happens in Baten Kaitos, and that's a great RPG also.
#8Legeon86Posted 12/19/2012 9:15:18 AM
I thought it was something along the lines of Metal Gear, a very interesting touch. The Panzer Dragoon world is basically a computer simulation.