This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Perfect Dark Vs. Goldeneye

#1twentymoosemanPosted 7/29/2009 1:26:39 PM

I'm waiting for my copy of perfect dark to get in (ebay) so i haven't played it yet. But since perfect dark is often nicknamed the sequel to goldeneye, which do you think is better?

#2silversceptilePosted 7/29/2009 1:51:23 PM
it isnīt really a sequel and IMO perfect dark is better because it improves _everything_ from goldeneye: you get 8 sims to play with (kill mercilessly) in the combat simulator (you start at 4 sims) you get a nice free roam training place and you get nice music and cool guns, also you get weapons and combat arenas from goldeneye so thereīs nothing to complain about.
---
Join the dark side! We have cookies (>**)>(::)
FC in quote
#3twentymooseman(Topic Creator)Posted 7/29/2009 2:38:00 PM

i know it isn't an actual sequel, but a lot of people either nickname it that or consider it a spiritual successor, which i think is more accurate.

#4dTerentPosted 7/29/2009 4:40:52 PM
Perfect Dark is better in every way, single and multi. I played PD before GE though, so that's probably why I like it alot more.
#5bachewychompPosted 7/29/2009 4:50:38 PM
I agree with the above post. I think a lot of people who played GE first like that more, though.
#6EliteVirtuosoPosted 7/29/2009 6:39:34 PM
I played Goldeneye pretty much nonstop when it game out(It was game of the year 1997 for a reason, at least I think it was 97), but I'd say Perfect Dark is better just because of the extra options, if Goldeneye had Combat Simulator, Firing Range,etc, I'd say it would be better, as the one thing I always said Goldeneye had over perfect dark is the single player mode was more fun, a couple missions in Perfect Dark are a little less fun, either way, its all an opinion, this question will never have a definitive answer
#7dTerentPosted 7/29/2009 10:34:46 PM
I found most of the GE missions uninteresting and poorly designed. I found almost all of the PD missions to be well crafted
#8DigitalExilePosted 8/2/2009 4:31:46 PM

Perfect Dark improved on literally everything from Goldeneye. The only thing that's different, and can't really be helped, is setting/atmosphere, but even then that comes down to personal taste. Personally I liked the cyberpunk/sci-fi/futuristic setting more than the Soviet James Bond setting (though that's not to say I didn't enjoy it). I was never a big James Bond fan, and really only watched the movies because of the game. Even though PErfect Dark was using a slightly upgraded version of the Goldeneye engine it was just so much better.

#9KaleidoscalpPosted 8/3/2009 3:40:04 PM
Oh god, not another PD vs. GE topic...

XD
---
</post>