Remember when this first came out?

#1RONIN_Y0JIMBOPosted 3/29/2013 4:04:20 PM
So I have the complete soundtracks for PSO v1, 2, & 3 and the great songs conjure up good memories.

So much fun with the keyboard chatting with new people.
I remember rumors of an elusive weapon called a Photon-whip.
People were having trouble beating De Rol Le.
Drain swords were awesome.
Being stunned the first time at what I found when I entered the final boss portal.
Rotating characters at the end where it shows the party after beating Falz. I always hoped I got the cute leaning over one for my HUnewearl.

What are some of your best memories?
---
Gamertag- RONIN Y0JIMBO
Dragon's Dogma alt GTs: JosieBleak, PhantasyStarPSO
#2game player sPosted 3/29/2013 6:50:06 PM
Rather enjoyed meeting other people online. Was an amazing experience to not only play online with other people but also just to chat with people from all over the world.

As far as the game goes, it became quite an obsession for me. Even now I still collect PSO memorabilia, and even went so far as to build a new PC based on optimal play needs of PSO2 for whenever the English version releases.

Now unlike you, and countless others, I don't really remember when it first came out as that would've been right about or maybe just prior to when I actually got my first Dreamcast (which I killed playing PSO later on). But, I do remember buying PSO about a year later and initially not quite catching onto how awesome it was until a friend tried playing it and ended up buying it and then droning on about how great it really is. That was what got me started back on it and sure enough I got hooked quite quickly even more so once the UNI DUNs began circulating, which opened up the wonders, both good and bad, of the online experience. That was when we got another friend hooked on playing it and we all became online junkies.
---
Welcome To The Next Level---SEGA
http://www.segaforums.com/hosted/psoarchive/
#3RONIN_Y0JIMBO(Topic Creator)Posted 3/30/2013 6:41:40 AM(edited)
I had a VMU for each class. Had a small bucket to hold them all. LOL

I also fried my Dreamcast playing PSO, well it and Soul Calibur anyway.

EDIT: I'm also thinking about building a new PC for PSO2 hitting state-side. I definitely need a new one, might as well be one that can handle the game I'm truly excited for. :)

---
Gamertag- RONIN Y0JIMBO
Dragon's Dogma alt GTs: JosieBleak, PhantasyStarPSO
#4RONIN_Y0JIMBO(Topic Creator)Posted 4/5/2013 5:47:19 PM
I need to put the soundtracks on my MP3 player.
---
Gamertag- RONIN Y0JIMBO, Pawn: Kyrestia- Sorcerer
Dragon's Dogma alts & pawns: JosieBleak- Fighter, PhantasyStarPSO- Bezel Ranger
#5SxmfctPosted 4/10/2013 2:41:27 AM
The very first time I went online someone had left a load of double saber +19's just lying outside of the bank

I snatched them all up quickly and for a short while I felt like a king having a bank full of rarez
#6BosSBaerPosted 4/12/2013 9:05:53 PM
This was the very first console game I played online. Instantly hooked. I still have my two copies of version 1 and 2. Also split screen goodness.
---
iOS6 - Baerskin //
PSN // BaerPwNz
#7RONIN_Y0JIMBO(Topic Creator)Posted 4/20/2013 6:41:19 PM
I just parted with my original and v.2 last year despite not playing them in over 7 years.
---
#8game player sPosted 4/23/2013 5:48:34 PM
Just built a new PC not four months ago with PSO2 in mind. Tis' a beast in comparison to my old PC which I'd built with PSO:BB and PSU in mind... both if which it could run just fine.

In Windows XP...
- old PC scored:
- new PC scored: 6,201

Windows 7: Professional (64-bit)...
- new PC scored:

Windows 8: Professional (64-bit)...
- new PC scored:

And yes, for the record all three of those OS's are installed to this new PC. And also for the record, Windows 8 is just as terrible as you may have heard it is. They stripped features from Paint for crying out loud, as if it wasn't basic enough as it had been the previous 17 years.
---
Welcome To The Next Level---SEGA
http://www.segaforums.com/hosted/psoarchive/
#9SxmfctPosted 4/24/2013 12:33:48 AM
I've only seen glimpses of windows 8 on my friends laptop and I have to say it looks awful
#10RONIN_Y0JIMBO(Topic Creator)Posted 4/29/2013 5:47:03 PM
I work a tech job and Windows 8 screws up everything that everybody is running.
---