I Really Wish...

#1Ivix_KuroshuPosted 4/7/2013 1:16:15 PM
I could have been part of the PSO experience back in the day. I've only recently taken an interest in the Phantasy Star series. I've played some PSP2 and I'm gonna start playing PSO2 soon. But I often see people speaking fondly of their memories of PSO, and it makes me envious. From what I can tell, it was pretty much an ideal online game in terms of my interests.
---
PSN: Ivix_Kuroshu
3DS FC: 3523-3481-0735 (PM me your FC if you want to be friends)
#2RONIN_Y0JIMBOPosted 4/20/2013 7:40:10 PM
It was/is fantastic. The people making their emotes were just as often really cool as juvenile (saying something right there) and everybody had different classes and looks. It was like World of Warcraft before WoW existed.
---
Gamertag- RONIN Y0JIMBO, Pawn: Kyrestia- Sorcerer
Dragon's Dogma alts & pawns: JosieBleak- Fighter, PhantasyStarPSO- Bezel Ranger
#3ShyOxPosted 5/6/2013 1:13:10 AM
Ah, yes, what a great game. I wasn't a heavy player, but it truly was a game like no other at its time.
---
http://imageshack.us/a/img69/9123/20130320030259.jpg
#4RedEyeDeath331Posted 5/7/2013 6:19:34 PM
Truly an awesome game....I literally got drunk and threw a party when I found Frozen Shooter and a Chain Sawd in the same day. Frozen Shooter turned playing on Ultimate mode, into playing on easy mode.

My friend and I played offline cause we didnt want to get caught in the xbox live garbage. He had a lvl 145 Ranger Male. I played FOnewm/HUmar/HUnewman(woman) all over levels 120+. I remember being a wrecking ball in vhard and when I got into ultimate suddenly our characters were nothing. Using teamwork, cheapness and the most badass gun we could find. We beat the entire game on ulttimate...no trophy nothing like that...They really screwed the drop rates up though..It just got soo tedious and numb to play. And not level, and my friend and I realized that we should probably try and play online, but that day we tried I was hit with the RLOD, we still have the xbox. We just couldnt get rid of the game, nor could we loose all that awesome stuff. Hunting rares wasnt so bad, it was hunting the rare monsters that got awful...waiting for a rare monster that hardly ever showed up to have a 1/25 chance of the item we want dropping was just a huge slap in the face from a gamers POV, but none the less we persisted and eventually triumphed. Ultimate episode 2 was so friggin hard. Lavis Cannon eluded me, but Demolition Comet did not ^^
---
PSN: RedEyeDeath331 Pawn: Lolth lvl ~35 Sorc (DA)
PSN: PriestAnderson Pawn: Raistlin lvl ~13 Sorc (DA)
#5RONIN_Y0JIMBOPosted 5/10/2013 6:28:06 PM
Nice. I did that here on the Dreamcast version. My HUne was level 120 or 121 when the system finally died. The Dreamcast exp required was absurdly higher than the GC/XBOX versions. I did similarly though. I didn't have the money to play v.2 online so I did solo all the way to the Ruins. I spammed Zonde and Foie to get me through the Mines, it took so freaking long and I burned most of my Scapedolls on Vol Opt v2.
---
#6game player sPosted 5/10/2013 8:28:39 PM
Wore out my first Dreamcast playing PSO, actually failed on me while I was playing online with a friend I'd met in the game. Luckily I had a spare DC, but had to e-mail Sega and wait a couple of days for them to issue a new SN/AK. Sega of Europe certainly handled SN/AK's differently than Sega of America did. SoA would reset your SN/AK on the master server, while SoE would issue you an entirely new one.

Was very frsutrating, had my main character over level on hundred when that happened, Had to start over from the beginning, but got some power leveling in thanks to friends in the game. Really missed my old Soniti mag and Sting Tip, but ended up earning S-Rank Mechguns with the new character... those really helped in the power leveling. :D
---
Welcome To The Next Level---SEGA
http://www.segaforums.com/hosted/psoarchive/
#7RedEyeDeath331Posted 5/11/2013 3:52:34 PM
I had alot of hacked items on the DC version, so many were given to me. I had some great mags though. Loved my DC mag.
---
PSN: RedEyeDeath331 Pawn: Lolth lvl ~40 Ranger (DA)
#8RONIN_Y0JIMBOPosted 5/11/2013 5:51:23 PM
RedEyeDeath331 posted...
I had alot of hacked items on the DC version, so many were given to me. I had some great mags though. Loved my DC mag.

Bana! Soniti!
---
#9RedEyeDeath331Posted 5/11/2013 6:01:26 PM
Sato was good. The one that granted invulnerability across the board saved my ass sooooooo many times. Cant remember the name of it though. Diwari was big!
---
PSN: RedEyeDeath331 Pawn: Lolth lvl ~40 Ranger (DA)
#10RONIN_Y0JIMBOPosted 5/18/2013 10:54:59 PM
There were a handfull that did.
---