I miss this game

#1Exo401Posted 10/2/2013 7:39:58 AM
This was one of the first DC games I played. Used to play all night into next morning back in the day.
#2Timba8uPosted 10/3/2013 1:38:25 PM
I agree. Love this game and used to play for LONG PERIODS OF TIME! Several characters aswell. Just couldn't get enough.
#3game player sPosted 10/5/2013 4:59:18 PM
We have our memories to treasure. I feel sorry for the phans who never got to play PSO on the Dreamcast.
---
Welcome To The Next Level---SEGA
http://www.segaforums.com/hosted/psoarchive/
#4Exo401(Topic Creator)Posted 10/7/2013 6:41:07 AM
Have any of you tried to connect to the private servers on the dreamcast? I have the broadband adapter and action replay but I couldn't figure it out at the time. I have played on the PC but I wanted to try playing on the DC again.
#5BoneKollectorPosted 10/7/2013 2:04:04 PM
We all miss it. This is my 2nd most missed game I've ever played. I poured my entire 5th grade year into this game when it launched.
---
I don't remember asking you a GD mother ******* thang!!!
#6PedroMontanaPosted 10/8/2013 3:17:07 AM
I bought the DC v2 again earlier this year for some nostalgic single player fun. Somehow it's a really relaxing experience.

I also sometimes play the Gamecube version in local multiplayer with my gf, she's enjoying it so much it made her buy PSZ for DS.
---
No More Heroes
#7game player sPosted 10/9/2013 6:50:32 PM
Exo401 posted...
Have any of you tried to connect to the private servers on the Dreamcast? I have the broadband adapter and action replay but I couldn't figure it out at the time. I have played on the PC but I wanted to try playing on the DC again.

There's a trick to making it work. Got to download the code file to a VMU that does not posses any PSO game saves. Once you have that, turn off the Dreamcast, remove any other VMU's you may have connected except for that one. Reboot the system with the AR/CB/Xploder disc, go through the menu to select the saved code file codes, select said codes, disc swap for PSO. Select to Start Game with codes active, and this is where it gets interesting. When the screen goes white and you hear the DC working to read the PSO disc, insert the VMU with your PSO save file into an available slot on any available controller.

You never want to have the VMU with your PSO save connected to the DC during the pre-game load phase as there is a known issue with the code activation which will corrupt the PSO character save file on any connected VMU.

To be clear though, the online experience in the private servers isn't the same as it was on the official servers. Every private server has its own unique quirks and custom modifications comes, and all have their own distinctive group of select people who regularly play on them. Kinda why I stopped playing on them, it felt like a different game and far less diverse crowd of people to interact with. Still nice that they exist so people who never got to play online back in the day can at least have a taste of what it was once like.
---
Welcome To The Next Level---SEGA
http://www.segaforums.com/hosted/psoarchive/
#8R_Fated_CirclePosted 10/22/2013 6:11:48 PM
Loved this game, I don't know if it's just because I've got older or what but none of the other phantasy star online games captured me like this one did.
---
Where's your passion fight like you mean it! "Hilde - Soul Calibur V"
#9Exo401(Topic Creator)Posted 10/22/2013 6:52:35 PM
I'm currently playiing PSO 2 right now on the PC. It's just like PSO but with better graphics and a lot bigger like in PSU. It's awesome!
#10R_Fated_CirclePosted 10/22/2013 7:04:51 PM
Exo401 posted...
I'm currently playiing PSO 2 right now on the PC. It's just like PSO but with better graphics and a lot bigger like in PSU. It's awesome!

I haven't played that one yet foolish me for thinking sega would actually release it over here sooner then later or is it never in this case? Oh well supposedly there is a decent English patch out for it now so I'm actually going look into giving it a try maybe sometime this weekend.
---
Where's your passion fight like you mean it! "Hilde - Soul Calibur V"