I miss this game

• Topic Archived
1 year ago#21
My gf (wife now) and I would argue constantly about whose turn it is. We even managed to get her little sister into it. Years later when i built a decent gaming pc i got some "software" and now we play it splitscreen on our tv. Not quite the same as having a community to play with, but still fun to this day.

It really makes me sad that sega seems to have abandoned the west as far as pso 2 is concerned and i thought that somewhere down the line we'd see a turn based phantasy star 5 on some system or another.

I know it sounds terrible, but i hope sega gets bought out and someone starts making use of their ip's.
1 year ago#22
Well, rather opposite of what you have hoped for, Sega bought out Atlus this past year and has officially given them unrestricted access to all of their IP's. Phantasy Star 5 is now very much a possibility, as are ports of the original Shining Force series.

At present moment there is another Phantasy Star game due out this year (in Japan) for the Vita, that being Phantasy Star Nova. Very little is known about Nova at this time, but it is believed to be another one-off game along the vein of Phantasy Star 0 on the DS.

The future looks promising though with Atlus being in the picture.
---
Welcome To The Next Level---SEGA
http://www.segaforums.com/hosted/psoarchive/
1 year ago#23
Aerothos posted...
It really makes me sad that sega seems to have abandoned the west as far as pso 2 is concerned and i thought that somewhere down the line we'd see a turn based phantasy star 5 on some system or another.

Yeah, I don't know what's wrong with Sega... at the very least they should let Atlus make PS5.

Still not sure if I'm gonna be playing this offline or not. I might either try the PC version online or get the Gamecube version for splitscreen.
---
Playing: Shin Megami Tensei-SNES and Thunder Force II-GEN
Anticipating: MGSV, Persona 5, The Evil Within, Mighty No. 9, and Cyberpunk 2077
1 year ago#24
Shining force and panzer dragoon haven't seen the light of day in way too long. I really hope atlus can get something done about that. Sega seems pretty content anymore just to spew out sonic titles.

We play the gamecube version which i really wish could do online and splitscreen at the same time. It's been awhile since i've checked on the status of the private phantasy star universe servers, I wonder if they ever got them up and running. It's funny the way a few random people give more of a damn about sega's fanbase than they do.
1 year ago#25
game player s posted...
Well, rather opposite of what you have hoped for, Sega bought out Atlus this past year and has officially given them unrestricted access to all of their IP's. Phantasy Star 5 is now very much a possibility, as are ports of the original Shining Force series.

At present moment there is another Phantasy Star game due out this year (in Japan) for the Vita, that being Phantasy Star Nova. Very little is known about Nova at this time, but it is believed to be another one-off game along the vein of Phantasy Star 0 on the DS.

The future looks promising though with Atlus being in the picture.

phantasy star 5 no way. phantasy star story was fionished after 4. they never want to do a new one. I wish they'd make a proper shining force 4 though
---
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1318223517
1 year ago#26
Aerothos posted...
Shining force and panzer dragoon haven't seen the light of day in way too long. I really hope atlus can get something done about that. Sega seems pretty content anymore just to spew out sonic titles.

We play the gamecube version which i really wish could do online and splitscreen at the same time. It's been awhile since i've checked on the status of the private phantasy star universe servers, I wonder if they ever got them up and running. It's funny the way a few random people give more of a damn about sega's fanbase than they do.

if you have the money and space you can get 2 dreamcasts, 2 tv's 2 broadband adapters and play on the private servers that still have a few hundred people online
---
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1318223517

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived