Putting Pokemon from Red into Stadium, then onto Blue?

#1Oak_TeaPosted 7/25/2012 8:33:08 PM
Topic title is an example...

Is it possible to put Pokemon onto Pokemon Stadium with the transfer pak from one game, and withdraw them onto another game with a completely different Trainer ID/name etc.?

What I plan on doing is putting all the Pokemon from two of my games onto Pokemon Stadium, then attempting to backup the games with a Mega Memory Card...it just corrupted my Pokemon Yellow save (only 20 hours thankfully), but further tests have confirmed that it works. I just want to have the ability to put my Pokemon from my other games somewhere safe...but that only makes sense if I can withdraw them again.

The amount of Pokemon I want to save would take too much time to trade from GB to GB.

Thanks to anyone who answers!
---
Now playing: Pokemon Red (Black/White), The Beatles: Rock Band, Earthbound (1.5x enemy stats/hard mode hack)
#2GunbladeladPosted 7/26/2012 4:28:33 AM
I know that you can do that, but any items ingame you wish to keep will be lost if you're using Pokemon Stadium. Bear in mind that trade-evolution pokemon won't evolve that way as it's a transfer, not a trade.

If you wish to retain items such as TMs, then you're better off using Pokemon Stadium 2 (The one designed for Gold, Silver & Crystal), as it allows you to store and share all your (Non-Key) items among the other games from that generation. The First Pokemon Stadium game will allow item storage, but ties it to your OT name & number, meaning you'll lose them if either changes.
---
Where logic won't work - I will
PAL Gamers unite - http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/277-pal-gaming
#3Oak_Tea(Topic Creator)Posted 7/26/2012 6:25:30 PM
Thank you very much. This is great news!

So Pokemon Stadium 2 can also store items from Gen 1 games? That's pretty nifty.

When the Pokemon are transfered, I'm assuming they act as traded Pokemon (ie. gain boosted experience, can't change nickname..). It'd be awesome if there was a way to bypass that...but at least it'd make leveling easier. Just gotta' find a copy of Pokemon Stadium 2 now if I want to have an extra Masterball for Moltres. ;D
---
Now playing: Pokemon Red (Black/White), The Beatles: Rock Band, Earthbound (1.5x enemy stats/hard mode hack)