Putting Pokemon from Red into Stadium, then onto Blue?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Stadium
  3. Putting Pokemon from Red into Stadium, then onto Blue?

User Info: Oak_Tea

Oak_Tea
4 years ago#1
Topic title is an example...

Is it possible to put Pokemon onto Pokemon Stadium with the transfer pak from one game, and withdraw them onto another game with a completely different Trainer ID/name etc.?

What I plan on doing is putting all the Pokemon from two of my games onto Pokemon Stadium, then attempting to backup the games with a Mega Memory Card...it just corrupted my Pokemon Yellow save (only 20 hours thankfully), but further tests have confirmed that it works. I just want to have the ability to put my Pokemon from my other games somewhere safe...but that only makes sense if I can withdraw them again.

The amount of Pokemon I want to save would take too much time to trade from GB to GB.

Thanks to anyone who answers!
Now playing: Pokemon Red (Black/White), The Beatles: Rock Band, Earthbound (1.5x enemy stats/hard mode hack)

User Info: Gunbladelad

Gunbladelad
4 years ago#2
I know that you can do that, but any items ingame you wish to keep will be lost if you're using Pokemon Stadium. Bear in mind that trade-evolution pokemon won't evolve that way as it's a transfer, not a trade.

If you wish to retain items such as TMs, then you're better off using Pokemon Stadium 2 (The one designed for Gold, Silver & Crystal), as it allows you to store and share all your (Non-Key) items among the other games from that generation. The First Pokemon Stadium game will allow item storage, but ties it to your OT name & number, meaning you'll lose them if either changes.
Where logic won't work - I will
PAL Gamers unite - http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/277-pal-gaming

User Info: Oak_Tea

Oak_Tea
4 years ago#3
Thank you very much. This is great news!

So Pokemon Stadium 2 can also store items from Gen 1 games? That's pretty nifty.

When the Pokemon are transfered, I'm assuming they act as traded Pokemon (ie. gain boosted experience, can't change nickname..). It'd be awesome if there was a way to bypass that...but at least it'd make leveling easier. Just gotta' find a copy of Pokemon Stadium 2 now if I want to have an extra Masterball for Moltres. ;D
Now playing: Pokemon Red (Black/White), The Beatles: Rock Band, Earthbound (1.5x enemy stats/hard mode hack)
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Stadium
  3. Putting Pokemon from Red into Stadium, then onto Blue?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived