Which is better in the long run: Pidgey or Spearow?

#1metalsamuraiPosted 7/27/2008 2:18:19 PM
Just curious. I like to keep one of these in my party for the first half of the game or so.
---
No idea what alternative is, but metal is like noise with people singing about 'destruction' and other apocalyptic stuff. - BareSolid
#2jukesterPosted 7/27/2008 4:18:24 PM
I personally think Spearow is more useful because it starts with Peck. The Pidgey family doesn't get any Flying attacks until Wing Attack, I think.

jukester
#3samthedigitalPosted 7/27/2008 6:27:31 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#4samthedigitalPosted 7/27/2008 6:39:18 PM
jukester is right, but WIng Attack is useless anyway. It is a base 35 move, so Hyper Beam and Double-Edge are going to be doing more damage.
---
GTM Fanclub
#5jukesterPosted 7/27/2008 6:41:54 PM
Wing Attack is only base 35? Damn. I thought it was like at least 60s or something. Haha. Oh well.

And Spearow eventually gets Drill Peck which kicks ass.

jukester
#6LiikalaPosted 7/27/2008 7:27:11 PM
^ Wing Attack is stronger in the later games, which actually makes it useable.

And yes, Drill Peck is by far the most useful Flying move, and Spearow/Fearow learn it at 29/34, while Wing Attack, which sucks anyways is learned at 28/31/31.

Fearow also has better attack and good speed, so it's definitely a better choice than Pidgeot. The only real advantages Pidgeot has is slightly higher defensive stats, and learns Reflect.

---
- The guy who asked if he was a PotDer.
#7jukesterPosted 7/27/2008 7:38:52 PM
Maybe that's the Wing Attack I was thinking of.

I'm glad they made that improvement, otherwise it's a completely useless move that's learned when a good move should be learned.

I also liked when Gust was made a flying move too.

jukester
#8LiikalaPosted 7/27/2008 8:49:11 PM
In RBY, Peck = Wing Attack.

And yes, the upgrade improved some Flying pokemon, such as Dragonite, Aerodactyl, and other non-Drill Peckers.

---
- The guy who asked if he was a PotDer.