Which is better in the long run: Pidgey or Spearow?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Yellow Version: Special Pikachu Edition
  3. Which is better in the long run: Pidgey or Spearow?
8 years ago#1
Just curious. I like to keep one of these in my party for the first half of the game or so.
No idea what alternative is, but metal is like noise with people singing about 'destruction' and other apocalyptic stuff. - BareSolid
8 years ago#2
I personally think Spearow is more useful because it starts with Peck. The Pidgey family doesn't get any Flying attacks until Wing Attack, I think.

jukester
8 years ago#3
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
8 years ago#4
jukester is right, but WIng Attack is useless anyway. It is a base 35 move, so Hyper Beam and Double-Edge are going to be doing more damage.
GTM Fanclub
8 years ago#5
Wing Attack is only base 35? Damn. I thought it was like at least 60s or something. Haha. Oh well.

And Spearow eventually gets Drill Peck which kicks ass.

jukester
8 years ago#6
^ Wing Attack is stronger in the later games, which actually makes it useable.

And yes, Drill Peck is by far the most useful Flying move, and Spearow/Fearow learn it at 29/34, while Wing Attack, which sucks anyways is learned at 28/31/31.

Fearow also has better attack and good speed, so it's definitely a better choice than Pidgeot. The only real advantages Pidgeot has is slightly higher defensive stats, and learns Reflect.
- The guy who asked if he was a PotDer.
8 years ago#7
Maybe that's the Wing Attack I was thinking of.

I'm glad they made that improvement, otherwise it's a completely useless move that's learned when a good move should be learned.

I also liked when Gust was made a flying move too.

jukester
8 years ago#8
In RBY, Peck = Wing Attack.

And yes, the upgrade improved some Flying pokemon, such as Dragonite, Aerodactyl, and other non-Drill Peckers.
- The guy who asked if he was a PotDer.
  1. Boards
  2. Pokemon Yellow Version: Special Pikachu Edition
  3. Which is better in the long run: Pidgey or Spearow?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived