Fire blast

#1RyuklovesapplesPosted 10/14/2008 11:59:48 AM
So i got the tm for fire blast and I want to teach it to my Gyrados or Charizard. I want my Gyrados to have many great attacks so I am wondering if Charizard can learn Fire Blast at a later level. If so please tell me what level?
#2NutBreadIsWinPosted 10/14/2008 6:53:40 PM
Charizard doesn't learn it on it's own; it gets Flamethrower and Fire Spin. Fire Blast sucks on Gyarados though, you should give it Blizzard instead. For Charizard you can keep Flamethrower or use Fire Blast.

Then again this is ingame so it does not. Matter. At. All.
---
STILL refuses to stay down
KomodoTheNinja/GGFan has posted here
#3KarimyoPosted 10/15/2008 6:08:08 AM
as Blaine himself says:

"don't waste this technique on water pokemon"
#4NutBreadIsWinPosted 10/15/2008 6:42:27 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#5NutBreadIsWinPosted 10/15/2008 6:42:57 AM
I think he meant not to use it on them, as in attack them with it.
---
STILL refuses to stay down
KomodoTheNinja/GGFan has posted here
#6IxLUVxURxMOMPosted 10/15/2008 11:48:16 AM
Except for BS!

FireBlast still works awesome on water pokemon. My Charizard could still do a quarter damage to a water pokemon of the same level, over half if critical, and burn them. Then it's over in like one more turn.
---
Seymour: Well, if you're offering your lives, I will have to take them.
#7SheeenstaPosted 10/15/2008 1:45:53 PM
Because Gyarados doesn't have crappy Sp Attk in this game, you could probably teach Fire Blast to him. Flamethrower, in my opinion, is much better than Fire Blast.
---
Time is a valuable thing/watch it fly by as the pendulum swings/watch it count down to the end of the day the clock ticks like the way... Linkin Park is awesome
#8MrPerson01Posted 10/16/2008 1:21:00 PM
Flamethrower, in my opinion, is much better than Fire Blast.

Charizard learns that normally, which is great for him (STAB), but too bad Gyarados can't learn that (unless you trade it to Crystal, use the MT to teach Flamethrower, and trade it back to R/B/Y). I guess Fire Blast would be better for Gyarados anyway.
#9SheeenstaPosted 10/16/2008 1:26:29 PM
You could always teach Ice Beam to Gyarados.
---
Time is a valuable thing/watch it fly by as the pendulum swings/watch it count down to the end of the day the clock ticks like the way... Linkin Park is awesome
#10GunbladeladPosted 10/16/2008 2:28:48 PM
Gyrados is designed to be more of a physical hitter. Apart from Surf (for STAB), I tend to go all physical hits with it...

...that is, when it's not being used as a mere HM slave.
---
User is finally online...