How much experience does Exp. All split with the party?

#1FionordeQuesterPosted 5/1/2009 6:46:35 PM
Is it like....

Main-80%
Other 5 Pokemon-20%

Something like that?
---
In simplicity is perfection
#2mister yummyPosted 5/1/2009 7:38:59 PM
the pokémon who battle get half of the experience points, rounded down, divided amongst them evenly, again rounded down.

The other half(rounded down) gets evenly divided among all pokémon in the party, again rounded down.

You lose a few experience points due to rounding, so overall, it's better to not use exp. all

Stat experience ALSO gets divided among all pokémon in the same manner.
---
I Wish more people wanted to play Video Games with me.
Jeez, just mail me the game and I'll beat it for you. - BubbRubb
#3FionordeQuester(Topic Creator)Posted 5/1/2009 7:45:21 PM
Stat experience ALSO gets divided among all pokémon in the same manner.

That sounds like a pretty sweet deal. I mean, sure my lead is getting less stat experience, but if he's already leveling only half as fast anyways, that doesn't matter! Pretty sweet.
---
#4samthedigitalPosted 5/1/2009 7:45:39 PM
I am quite sure that it distributes 50% of the exp evenly throughout all the party including or not including the Pokemon that actually fights. I'm not sure weather or not the 50% of the exp. that is given evenly through the party is given to the Pokemon that fights, but it should be immediately obvious if you are using it. I have only ever used the exp. share to see if it gave stat. exp. though because it's just not a useful item.
---
GTM Fanclub
#5FionordeQuester(Topic Creator)Posted 5/1/2009 7:52:13 PM
I'm not sure weather or not the 50% of the exp. that is given evenly through the party is given to the Pokemon that fights, but it should be immediately obvious if you are using it.

Actually it does. The lead pokemon gets the big boost, and then everyone including the lead pokemon gets the small boost.
---
#6asbaseball03Posted 5/1/2009 8:03:35 PM
so the lead pokemon gets about 59% (50 + 1/6 of 50) of the total?
---
my old sig got deleted for ignorance and i was in purgatory for a week. i guess a democrat marked it as TOS
#7mister yummyPosted 5/1/2009 8:49:45 PM
Yes, assuming there are 6 pokémon in the party.
---
I Wish more people wanted to play Video Games with me.
Jeez, just mail me the game and I'll beat it for you. - BubbRubb
#8darthcerebusPosted 5/3/2009 9:54:15 PM
"it's just not a useful item."

It's not a useful item compared to "EXP Share", but back when RBY was all there was, "EXP all" was great. You just have to use it right. If you're leveling Pokemon in RBY to later move over to GSC, you're doing it wrong.

Get a Pokemon to about 80, and take a few dozen quick runs through the elite 4, and you'll power level like a mofo. Especially if you're just trying to get the Pokemon to level 50-ish for tournament play.
#9samthedigitalPosted 5/4/2009 8:29:21 AM
It's not a useful item compared to "EXP Share", but back when RBY was all there was, "EXP all" was great. You just have to use it right. If you're leveling Pokemon in RBY to later move over to GSC, you're doing it wrong.

EXP All is not a useful item because it is better to not use it than to use it.

Get a Pokemon to about 80, and take a few dozen quick runs through the elite 4, and you'll power level like a mofo. Especially if you're just trying to get the Pokemon to level 50-ish for tournament play.

It's faster just to train the Pokemon without it. Both methods have the same number of battles for the same result, but if you don't use the EXP All you will never have to see the extra messages either, plus, if you bait and switch both Pokemon gain 100% of the stat exp. rather than getting 25% of it, and you get more exp. too. On another note, glitching Rare Candies is faster too.
---
GTM Fanclub
#10darthcerebusPosted 5/4/2009 5:49:07 PM
lol... glitching rare candies... yup. You're right. It's also faster to just use a game genie and automatically get all your Pokemon to level 100.

I apologize, I thought we were having a serious discussion.