whats the best hm slave?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: dwaqATTACK

dwaqATTACK
6 years ago#1
I'm very tempted to use my Mew, I just refuse to use an HM on any of my "decent" Pokemon.

Right now with 4 badges I'm rolling with

Level 63 Pikachu
Level 41 Mew
Level 41 Alakazam
Level 31 Alakazam
Level 13 Clefairy
Level 12 Oddish

You can probably guess the two non-contributing factors to my team (hint: its not the two Alakazams). I mean, besides Mew can any Pokemon learn more than 2 different HM's? I'm considering trading a legitimate Mew with Strength, Flash, Cut, and Fly to my game and teach my Pikachu Surf if there isn't at least a 3-HM Pokemon. I could care less if it were something completely off the wall like a Mankey or Goldeen.

User Info: pokedude7

pokedude7
6 years ago#2
You can use Krabby/Kingler as an HM Slave. It learns: Cut, Surf, Strength. TBH, you don't really need Fly and Flash to get around in RBY.

User Info: dwaqATTACK

dwaqATTACK
6 years ago#3
i never thought about it that way, well at least with flash. i couldn't imagine walking everywhere though :/

User Info: lloyd0117

lloyd0117
6 years ago#4
charizard can learn fly, cut, strength, and i think one more...

your water type (maby starmie? =p) can do surf ... flash is useless though dont bother

User Info: gbchaosmaster

gbchaosmaster
6 years ago#5
Other than Mew, there's no pokemon that can learn all HMs except Flash.
gbchaosmaster

User Info: lloyd0117

lloyd0117
6 years ago#6
dragonite cant learn all the hms? what ones is he missing? (flash doesnt count, its pathetic and un worthy of being an hm)

User Info: gbchaosmaster

gbchaosmaster
6 years ago#7
Cut and Flash, and according to what I read, Fly can only be a GSC tradeback.
gbchaosmaster

User Info: Antiyonder

Antiyonder
6 years ago#8
TBH, you don't really need Fly and Flash to get around in RBY.

Sure, but it makes for a pretty decent Flying Type attack and really is worth teaching.

User Info: thy_hero

thy_hero
6 years ago#9
"Sure, but it makes for a pretty decent Flying Type attack and really is worth teaching."

It WOULD be decent if it didn't take 2 turns. After the first turn it will give the opponent a chance to prepare (either stat himself up or change pkmn).

User Info: Element-17

Element-17
6 years ago#10
Ingame, it's decent due to the braindead AI.
Why bother making a signature?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived