Don't understand the item system...

#1AIcestePosted 9/24/2012 6:51:40 PM
Hello, I was wondering if anyone could explain the item system to me? I've made a lot of different items in the item shop and even though I've put a lot of time into the game (beaten with all characters, secret stages unlocked) I rarely see any different items than the ones I started out using.

So I don't really understand, does having a larger amount of a particular item in your inventory increase the chances of it appearing in game? Or am I completely misunderstanding this?
#2shivaPosted 9/25/2012 4:07:27 AM
You need a minimum amount of 1 in the Item Book for that item to appear during gameplay. Let's say you've mixed two items and created a 5-way shotgun. Then you used that 5-way shotgun in another mix, and now the Item Book section reads "5-way shotgun, quantity: 0". The 5-way shotgun will not appear during gameplay.

And no, the amount you have of an item doesn't influence how frequently it appears from chests. Higher level items have increasingly lower chances of appearing. That's all there's is to it. You can have 1 sword, and 99 wedding cakes, and the sword will still spawn much more frequently than the cakes, which are higher level items.

So, in a nutshell, go to the Extra Options and turn on Extra Items if ithey're off, and have at least one exemplary of the items you create in the Item Book, otherwise they don't appear from chests.
---
"No wonder I wished for a spell to bury losers fifteen years ago!" - Kanon, one year after the carnage of Guardian Heroes for XBLA
#3AIceste(Topic Creator)Posted 9/25/2012 11:18:48 AM
Ah, so that's it, thanks for the explanation. It's kind of a shame that the rare items don't appear more often as I remember happening in the original, but considering how much I'm going to be playing this in the future, I'll probably see all the items eventually anyway.