Eltale Monsters

#1StarDragonJPPosted 11/29/2012 11:50:43 PM
Is there any information on the differences between Eltale and Quest? An item drop list for the monsters? and does anyone know what he says at the door in the storeroom of the abbey?
---
Just who the hell do you think I am!!
#2HydrozorPosted 11/30/2012 9:42:27 PM
I don't know exactly what he says, sadly. I can't fully read Japanese. I might be able to get it translated later, though.

Anyway, there is no Beastiary in Eltale Monsters. You can get up to 3 of any Item from Enemy drops. There are now critical hits. Whenever a stat goes up, the appropriate element aura shows up.. Water is tied to Magic, so when your MP goes up, a blue aura appears(for example). Magic is about the same otherwise. Your other stats besides HP go up at a higher rate. And there's a new cutscene at the end.(for this last part, I need to have it translated, because I might be mistaken from this)

Some NPC's give different items too. First one gives Honey Bread, not a Fresh Bread, so you have to go with Enemy Drops for that one. Likewise, Mint Leaves are given early, so Dew Drops have to be fought for. You can also read signs, but they're in Japanese. XD
---
Quest 64 Master
#3Semi45aPosted 12/1/2012 11:48:53 PM
Now I remember reading in a super old issue of Nintendo Power the game originally intended to have multiple characters and such.
---
The only Vita games really worth getting: Gravity Rush & P4G
Being unable to detect sarcasm and lies might be an early way to catch dementia
#4StarDragonJP(Topic Creator)Posted 12/3/2012 2:27:15 PM
yeah i know the one you get the fresh bread from at the abbey gives you mint leaves instead
---
#5HydrozorPosted 12/4/2012 12:00:11 AM
Indeed, Semi. But that changed. Notably, the playable characters were Flora and Killiak. Remember Leo D'Nardo? Never planned. Odd that...

Anyway, yeah, it's very similar overall, just better(IMO).
---
Quest 64 Master
#6KantolinPosted 12/19/2012 2:07:45 AM
Eltale monsters?
---
Sic Gloria Transit Del Mundi
WOOHOO I beat 10 Fatestone Saruin on July 22nd! Woohoo!
#7HydrozorPosted 12/19/2012 2:58:26 PM
Kantolin posted...
Eltale monsters?

Japanese version of Quest 64. And quite different in many ways.

Also, the double attack works in it. I haven't tested it out in the American version yet. Apparently you gotta hit A enough times. I have no idea how exactly it works in the JP version, as I don't own the cartridge. Yet.
---
Quest 64 Master
#8StarDragonJP(Topic Creator)Posted 1/7/2013 2:41:10 PM
I thought the japanese version was supposed to be harder, but it seems easier
---
#9HydrozorPosted 1/8/2013 10:15:54 PM
StarDragonJP posted...
I thought the japanese version was supposed to be harder, but it seems easier

Hardest part is the language barrier. And yeah, it's an overall easier game. At worst, you can be critical'd, but that's... it?
---
Quest 64 Master
#10VandorLeePosted 1/9/2013 9:46:03 PM
Hp is tied to fire and water is tied to mp in this.
The enemies seem weaker
You gain stats faster.
When you gain a stat you shine an aura for its associated color.
The battle ring is different.
hitting stuff with cane gets an animation on impact.
---
"God did not create humans,
Humans created God"