Differences between Leon A/B and Claire A/B.

#1dxenobia333Posted 1/1/2009 11:42:52 PM
Man, I haven't played any Resident Evil in well over 5 years. But, recently, I've had the desire to get back into it. I specificly remember playing them in one order was easier than the other. I'd like to do the easier order first and then try the harder order.

SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

I believe the easier way would be Leon A/ Claire B. If I remember correctly, in the Laboratory, Leon at the end of the scenario just runs right to the end boss without having to do anything while I believe Claire has to find an antidote and bring it back to a little girl to cure her and then she can run to the exit. Thats probably the main difference as far as making it easier in that order. Also, I believe if you play Claire's scenario 2nd, you get a scene where you meet up with that mysterious woman in Leon's scenario and find out shes alive even though it looked like she died in Leon's scenario. Thats a big plus.

If this is how I remember it, I'm looking to play Leon A/ Claire B. But, if there are advantages or good differences to play Claire B/ Leon A, please tell me.

---
Legendary Games - Suikoden 1,2,Final Fantasy6,7,8, DanceDanceRevolution, TalesofDestiny2, StarOcean 2. StreetFighterSeries, ResidentEvils, TonyHawkProSkaters
#2Too_VillainousPosted 1/2/2009 12:38:48 AM
In my opinion, playing the game Claire A/Leon B is the easier of the two.

Yea, you do have to go get the Antidote for Sherry, but the B scenario is a bit harder because of Mr. X. I know you can just dodge him, but I prefer to stick Leon in this scenario since he has the better arsenal.
#3dxenobia333(Topic Creator)Posted 1/2/2009 3:28:30 AM
Really? I thought Claire had slightly more powerful weapons. I also believe Claire had slightly more health too. I always thought it was Claire had better things to work with but Leon had an easier scenario.

---
Legendary Games - Suikoden 1,2,Final Fantasy6,7,8, DanceDanceRevolution, TalesofDestiny2, StarOcean 2. StreetFighterSeries, ResidentEvils, TonyHawkProSkaters
#4dxenobia333(Topic Creator)Posted 1/2/2009 3:38:13 AM
Looking at their arsenal. I could see how they are pretty much a stalemate with weapons. I guess I felt Claire had a slightly better arsenal cuz I felt the Grenade Launcher took the place of both a magnum and a shotgun. Also, the Grenade Launcher has the best aim going upwards slightly and then sloping down. But, unless theres an actual official point assessment of damage (which if there is, I'm interested in taking a look at it), its pretty hard to measure which weapon is really more powerful.

---
#5Too_VillainousPosted 1/2/2009 10:51:30 PM
Yea, you're probably right about their arsenal possibilities. They both seem pretty even when I think about it. I've always liked the magnum better then the grenade launcher though.

Although another thing that made it difficult for Claire's game is having to juggle all the different ammo you get. That always struck me as kind of annoying.
#6Waffen8888Posted 1/3/2009 12:47:34 AM
I think alot of people dislike Claire's choice of weapons given the fact that the crossbow >her version of the shotgun< doesn't have much in the way of ammo. There's WAY more shells then bolts. She kind of got jipped with regards to that. On the plus side though, she's got less zombies in alot of spots Leon does have them in.
---
"Now there's a face to break a few thousand mirrors!" - Shirox from Dragon Force
#7friendlydudePosted 1/3/2009 2:24:42 AM
I feel Leon A is much easier than Claire B, but Claire A/Leon B is more balanced.
#8joker11094Posted 1/4/2009 3:46:01 PM
leon a is hella easy.claire a/leon b is balanced cuz leon gets stronger weapons more bosses and stronger bosses and claire only gets a grenade launcher but with less weaker bosses.
#9AcesHigh666Posted 1/4/2009 10:28:41 PM
meh, it really depends, but then again I have the N64 version which has the randomizer, so if you use that then you can get more ammo for Claire faster, also, once you have the grenade launcher, you're set considering that most zombies and lickers you can just run past. Saves you a crap load of ammo for either Leon or Claire, but as far as weapons goes, they both have good crowd controllers, remember that it shoots 3 bolts, so that's 3 zombies if you aim correctly.

Here's the real difference between the 2 scenarios, the believability of Ada's fake death and frankly, Claire A/Leon B is a lot easier to believe (especially as of Umbrella Chronicles, which shows Leon holding Ada after she gets owned by Mr. X in his B scenario, and Degeneration, which showed Claire facing Birkin in a brief flashback) than Leon A/Claire B, since Ada is shot in the heart (or the lung, both of which are fatal if medical attention is not seen immediately) and then falls several hundred feet to her supposed death.